That dude Reza's videos

Imo all his recordings sound the same. Flubby low end with shrill highs. He should himself learn how to mic an amp before bashing others about their recordings(the screenshot posted here).

Not to mention the raging at someone through Reverb messages and posting a video and then making it private when he gets criticized for it, man's not stable..

Mailman1971":cslfl8ig said:
Is that Rosanne Barr??
Married to Tom Arnold?!

She is looooooking
Gooooood!! :rock:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah, him leaving GGF was special for sure. Like I mentioned in that thread, I heard he has a Larry DINO on order. I’m sort of looking forward to the day he gets it, posts a video of it only to have Larry himself berate him for making his amp sound like shit. You know its bound to happen :LOL: :LOL:

Devin":13zyvg3d said:
Mailman1971":13zyvg3d said:
Is that Rosanne Barr??
Married to Tom Arnold?!

She is looooooking
Gooooood!! :rock:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah, him leaving GGF was special for sure. Like I mentioned in that thread, I heard he has a Larry DINO on order. I’m sort of looking forward to the day he gets it, posts a video of it only to have Larry himself berate him for making his amp sound like shit. You know its bound to happen :LOL: :LOL:

this is F'n-Hilarious!

bubbastain":334kir2i said:
ClintN667":334kir2i said:
I like some of his vids. From my experience most videos dont represent my experience with my amp. There are a lot of variables. His video on his Black Sun didnt sound like what I experience with mine granted its not a one to one comparison. Bubba Stain was the first person that I felt actually captured what I experienced with my KSR Ceres so anytime someone asks about it I direct it to them. So I typically just take a chance and buy an amp by word of mouth then once I have it I try to find videos that I feel do justice to MY experience. The reason why is Im not a youtuber, Im not a professional musician. I have no aspirations to be. This is a hobby for me always has been. I guess as a person with depression and anxiety issues the last thing I want to do is be famous or even internet famous. I dont want to put myself out there for general consumption.

Just about every youtuber out there should be taken with a grain of salt. I appreciate them taking the time to do it but there are two things that I cant stand to hear when someone is complaining about negativity/gear.
1- that people are just jealous... well ok that does happen but not everyone has the same goals and aspirations.
2- That $4000 amps are inherently better. I drank that cool aid before and its not an absolute. Most of my favorite tones on any album were made with relatively normal priced amps. One thing I liked about some doom, punk rock and black metal bands is they made music with whatever. Whatever inspires you. Its just a tool. Gear elitism is one of the lamest "keep up with the joneses" type behaviour. It's the equivalent of buying a Lambo just to drive around town.

Having said all of that. I like that he and other guys are making vids. It never really seems to pan out when you acknowledge haters and trolls. Just keep making content. And definitely try to be constructive on others vids if you are also making vids. You never know when a comment might bite you in the ass later. There are several times I've quit following a channel just by shitty comments left by content creators.

Funny you mention this since I actually do record with a First Act from Walmart(seriously) or old Teisco, use speakers a lot of people don't like and this is my whole recording setup........ and I don't use any eq, filters or crap. I'm too lazy to actually learn how to. :LOL: :LOL:

0KoSJUfl.jpg

I don't actually know what they sound like until I post them up. Sometimes they come out too bright or grainy, although I do tend to like a bit more brightness and grain these days than I used to, and sometimes I think they sound pretty close to what I'm hearing in the room. I am definitely NOT a YouTuber. :LOL: :LOL: Yeah, I post some chug chug clips of new stuff I get sometimes, but definitely not a Youtuber. Did I mention I'm not a Youtuber??? :LOL: :LOL:
I liked a good amount of Rezas videos and even if I didn't like the way they sounded, that doesn't mean I didn't like to check it out. He is definitely a better guitar player than me, but I'm good enough to play what I want to play and a better player doesn't equal better (subjective) tone. I can get most amps to sound the way I like. The best amps I have ever played are less than 10% better in tone to me than my Peavey VTM.
Dude he is not a better player than you !
I lot of what he plays that I heard makes no sense !
I heard you play in person a few years ago when I bought speakers from you.
You are a great player and have a good ear !
I brought my uberschall and we checked it out next to your vtms.
I also believe most of your recordings sound better then his did.

I just listened to the video someone put on here after he changed the tunes.
Too me it sounded like someone was attacking my ears with an ice pick!

His video above of the SLO reminds me of what I didn't like... for a guy who is such a pro he has shit audio. I remember telling him that (in nicer words) and he didn't like it because his ears are golden. He needs to learn how to place a mic because dead on isn't the only place to put them nor is jammed up to the grill. So yeah as I had eluded to, he can be a prick and he is def. not an authority. He might be good for listening to amps though, that's fine. Just go watch his vids and don't bother posting.

Mailman1971":5e1yry9i said:
Honestly I haven’t talked to Joey in years.
Not sure where he hangs. I only hang here.
Think lot of the members hang out in Facebook groups.
Steve K kept wanting me to join one.
But I am not a Facebook guy. :LOL: :LOL:

Facebook and the rest of the internet isn't the same since Steve is gone.

With the pandemic Facebook has become conspiracy central. I'm pretty much only on the internet for music.
Till the time the Illuminati gets a band going I'm not that interested.

ClintN667":1btyo46v said:
bubbastain":1btyo46v said:
Funny you mention this since I actually do record with a First Act from Walmart(seriously) or old Teisco, use speakers a lot of people don't like and this is my whole recording setup........ and I don't use any eq, filters or crap. I'm too lazy to actually learn how to. :LOL: :LOL:

0KoSJUfl.jpg

I don't actually know what they sound like until I post them up. Sometimes they come out too bright or grainy, although I do tend to like a bit more brightness and grain these days than I used to, and sometimes I think they sound pretty close to what I'm hearing in the room. I am definitely NOT a YouTuber. :LOL: :LOL: Yeah, I post some chug chug clips of new stuff I get sometimes, but definitely not a Youtuber. Did I mention I'm not a Youtuber??? :LOL: :LOL:
I liked a good amount of Rezas videos and even if I didn't like the way they sounded, that doesn't mean I didn't like to check it out. He is definitely a better guitar player than me, but I'm good enough to play what I want to play and a better player doesn't equal better (subjective) tone. I can get most amps to sound the way I like. The best amps I have ever played are less than 10% better in tone to me than my Peavey VTM.

You have been killing me with the molecular vids. I'm gas'n hard for one. Nik hasn't helped me with that either the last couple times I emailed him.

Anyway I watched some cover vids from some girl doing Anthrax, mastodon, and Judas priest. Sounded absolutely fantastic. Her gear list was a Peavey Combo and a ds1 or some shit. Some of my favorite guitarist have absolutely basic rigs. Morbid Angel, Obituary, Carcass haven't changed their rigs in ages if ever. My guitar teacher Jon Bjork was using a little marshall combo for a long time (he is now using Neural) and he sounds absolutely amazing.

I love gear but I'm starting to focus more on my playing and as a byproduct my tone is improving. I could have saved a lot of money and came out better over the years if I would have bought lessons instead of another shiny object

The Molecular is definitely a cool amp. I'm having fun with it. It honestly sounds very similar to my VTM60. Even more so after putting some JJ 6CA7's in it. It does have a bit more gain on tap if you use the diode clipping, but the main thing is it's a little drier than my VTM. The VTM just has a little more bounce to it. I love them both. I kinda think of it as a new hardwired VTM in a way. I'm in the process of trying to get a 50 watt Yeti as I write this. :doh:

When I read my previous post I noticed that one comment I made was only 50% complete. I said "A better player doesn't equal better (subjective) tone". The other half of that was neither does a "better" amp. I've heard people sound awesome on budget gear and I've heard amazing players with awful (to me) tone.
There is this commercial on TV recently from a cookware manufacturer, and one of the tag lines was when you cook with good/fine cookware it automatically tastes better. I don't know about that. I like using the right tool for the job even if I rarely do :LOL: :LOL: , but some of the best meals I've ever had in my life were made on some really low end and old cookware that you might see in a thrift store. Kinda like the guitars I play. :LOL: :LOL:

Kidkramer71":30ws2x10 said:
bubbastain":30ws2x10 said:
ClintN667":30ws2x10 said:
I like some of his vids. From my experience most videos dont represent my experience with my amp. There are a lot of variables. His video on his Black Sun didnt sound like what I experience with mine granted its not a one to one comparison. Bubba Stain was the first person that I felt actually captured what I experienced with my KSR Ceres so anytime someone asks about it I direct it to them. So I typically just take a chance and buy an amp by word of mouth then once I have it I try to find videos that I feel do justice to MY experience. The reason why is Im not a youtuber, Im not a professional musician. I have no aspirations to be. This is a hobby for me always has been. I guess as a person with depression and anxiety issues the last thing I want to do is be famous or even internet famous. I dont want to put myself out there for general consumption.

Just about every youtuber out there should be taken with a grain of salt. I appreciate them taking the time to do it but there are two things that I cant stand to hear when someone is complaining about negativity/gear.
1- that people are just jealous... well ok that does happen but not everyone has the same goals and aspirations.
2- That $4000 amps are inherently better. I drank that cool aid before and its not an absolute. Most of my favorite tones on any album were made with relatively normal priced amps. One thing I liked about some doom, punk rock and black metal bands is they made music with whatever. Whatever inspires you. Its just a tool. Gear elitism is one of the lamest "keep up with the joneses" type behaviour. It's the equivalent of buying a Lambo just to drive around town.

Having said all of that. I like that he and other guys are making vids. It never really seems to pan out when you acknowledge haters and trolls. Just keep making content. And definitely try to be constructive on others vids if you are also making vids. You never know when a comment might bite you in the ass later. There are several times I've quit following a channel just by shitty comments left by content creators.

Dude he is not a better player than you !
I lot of what he plays that I heard makes no sense !
I heard you play in person a few years ago when I bought speakers from you.
You are a great player and have a good ear !
I brought my uberschall and we checked it out next to your vtms.
I also believe most of your recordings sound better then his did.

Yeah man, I remember you bringing that Uberschall over. That is a killer amp. Thanks for the compliment though. I do have a style I guess. I don't know how to play anything by anyone other than a few riffs and I probably could't even play all of the 7 basic chords if put on the spot, but I just improvise everything and let my fingers spaz out and figure every note is fair game. :LOL: :LOL:

bubbastain":13mr5kcm said:
ClintN667":13mr5kcm said:
bubbastain":13mr5kcm said:

0KoSJUfl.jpg

You have been killing me with the molecular vids. I'm gas'n hard for one. Nik hasn't helped me with that either the last couple times I emailed him.

Anyway I watched some cover vids from some girl doing Anthrax, mastodon, and Judas priest. Sounded absolutely fantastic. Her gear list was a Peavey Combo and a ds1 or some shit. Some of my favorite guitarist have absolutely basic rigs. Morbid Angel, Obituary, Carcass haven't changed their rigs in ages if ever. My guitar teacher Jon Bjork was using a little marshall combo for a long time (he is now using Neural) and he sounds absolutely amazing.

I love gear but I'm starting to focus more on my playing and as a byproduct my tone is improving. I could have saved a lot of money and came out better over the years if I would have bought lessons instead of another shiny object

The Molecular is definitely a cool amp. I'm having fun with it. It honestly sounds very similar to my VTM60. Even more so after putting some JJ 6CA7's in it. It does have a bit more gain on tap if you use the diode clipping, but the main thing is it's a little drier than my VTM. The VTM just has a little more bounce to it. I love them both. I kinda think of it as a new hardwired VTM in a way. I'm in the process of trying to get a 50 watt Yeti as I write this. :doh:

When I read my previous post I noticed that one comment I made was only 50% complete. I said "A better player doesn't equal better (subjective) tone". The other half of that was neither does a "better" amp. I've heard people sound awesome on budget gear and I've heard amazing players with awful (to me) tone.
There is this commercial on TV recently from a cookware manufacturer, and one of the tag lines was when you cook with good/fine cookware it automatically tastes better. I don't know about that. I like using the right tool for the job even if I rarely do :LOL: :LOL: , but some of the best meals I've ever had in my life were made on some really low end and old cookware that you might see in a thrift store. Kinda like the guitars I play. :LOL: :LOL:

Man I just sold a VTM60 in excellent condition when I had to pay the rest on my Ceres. I sold it for like $350. I regret it and now the guy I sold it to has it listed for $500. Are you comparing it to the Fortin modded one or stock VTM? Nik is going to send me a chassis and transformer for a build Im doing using Burger's(Headfirst Amplification) Friedman mini type board. Nik and I have bounced back a few talks about a molecular or a plexi kit. I kinda want to attempt another build but there is no way I can do it as neatly as their crew. I took a Ceriatone 2204 kit with assembly and installed classictone iron in it before sending it to monomyth for a black sun mod. That amp is an absolute monster but G.A.S. is a mutha eff'r.

I'm also waiting on a replacement PCB for one that I screwed up for a V2 Caldera so between those two builds I want to finish one of them before making another purchase. I think either or both of these amps will satisfy my itch but with the covid 19 shit Im in limbo on both. I've thought about just ponying up the $500 to buy back my VTM60 at least I know what shape it's in.

lespaul6":c2ty8lb7 said:
I always enjoyed Lugo's amp shootouts... epic stuff. Fun, different style players.. no condescension or ego... miss those days

James' amp shootouts were epic!!! I listened to all of those clips for days. His recordings made me realize how much the speaker cabinet influences the total sound.

dsquared":2jg5jos5 said:
lespaul6":2jg5jos5 said:
I always enjoyed Lugo's amp shootouts... epic stuff. Fun, different style players.. no condescension or ego... miss those days

James' amp shootouts were epic!!! I listened to all of those clips for days. His recordings made me realize how much the speaker cabinet influences the total sound.

Oh man, they were the best!
I still have the sound files James shared in my iTunes and I still listen to them from time to time. Not only that, but James is a hell of a nice guy!!!

stephen sawall":4egvymox said:
Mailman1971":4egvymox said:
Honestly I haven’t talked to Joey in years.
Not sure where he hangs. I only hang here.
Think lot of the members hang out in Facebook groups.
Steve K kept wanting me to join one.
But I am not a Facebook guy. :LOL: :LOL:

Facebook and the rest of the internet isn't the same since Steve is gone.

With the pandemic Facebook has become conspiracy central. I'm pretty much only on the internet for music.
Till the time the Illuminati gets a band going I'm not that interested.

Plenty of Illuminati bands out there, man. Look at the all-seeing eye on Vai's guitars :LOL: :LOL:

Plus, I think you now need to be Illuminati spawn to even get a record contract. They own everything :doh:

Reza pissed all over one of my videos too, once. I get it, I'm not a pro. But I think he just said it because he's one of those trollish people on the Internet who get their kicks from dragging people down.

Generally, an all out un-nice person with an oversized ego.

I always thought his videos had this weird plastic slapping kind of sound. Like a bad mic position or maybe a speaker not broken in enough. I dunno. Something always sounded off to me.

Back