Worst rock concert you've ever been to?

Beyond Black":jundz28g said:
dirtyfunkg":jundz28g said:
155":jundz28g said:
mastadon, complete shit sound, sloppy playing not a good thing to say about it...

FWIW, I saw Mastodon on The Hunter tour in 2011 or 2012 and it was terrible. Truly terrible.

I saw them again in 2018 opening for Primus, then last year again opening for Coheed & Cambria.

I gotta say it... Mastodon is now one of the best live bands out there. They put on a CLINIC on how to play a metal show. Super tight, singers on key, everything.

I really think that Brent and Bill switching to modelers has made a huge difference. Super clear sound but still raw. They did the whole Crack the Skye album last year and, dude... wow.

I also think they sobered up which helps a lot with the playing.
I totally agree. I saw Mastodon years back and they were terrible. The sound sucked and they were not tight at all. I also saw them in ‘18 with Primus and they were masterful. Amazing show all around. It was like a completely different band.

We would have been at the same show then. Northerly Island.

I really like that venue. I don't get why anyone plays Tinley Park anymore. I hate that place.

RevDrucifer":11y5eyvu said:
dirtyfunkg":11y5eyvu said:
155":11y5eyvu said:
mastadon, complete shit sound, sloppy playing not a good thing to say about it...

FWIW, I saw Mastodon on The Hunter tour in 2011 or 2012 and it was terrible. Truly terrible.

I saw them again in 2018 opening for Primus, then last year again opening for Coheed & Cambria.

I gotta say it... Mastodon is now one of the best live bands out there. They put on a CLINIC on how to play a metal show. Super tight, singers on key, everything.

I really think that Brent and Bill switching to modelers has made a huge difference. Super clear sound but still raw. They did the whole Crack the Skye album last year and, dude... wow.

I also think they sobered up which helps a lot with the playing.

Did they switch to modelers? I know Bill started using an AxeFX for effects, but I know I’d be hard pressed to ditch his Friedman setup + AxeFX if I had the chance to roll with it. Brent, I can’t imagine that guy ever going to a modeler. Possibly if someone set it up for him for live use. They both got sober over the last few years which was most definitely a big help. Brent’s had some pretty rough shows, vocally, for sure. I think their more current albums (all which I LOVE) have definitely lent themselves to performing live, with Brann, Brent and Troy splitting vocal duties based on whose voice worked better for the parts.

Bill has been using a Helix pretty heavily in conjunction with the Butterslax in 4CM. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/in ... helix.html

I'm not sure exactly what Brent is doing, but neither of them seem to have mics on their cabs anymore, so there's some type of direct feed going on, or there's an amp mic'ed off stage.

Back