Worst rock concert you've ever been to?

romanianreaper

With the quarantine, figured I'd get a random conversation rolling to see what comes up. LOL

Mine was Bon Jovi in Hawaii in 2010. My daughter actually fell asleep in her chair. The only thing that woke her was when "Living on a Prayer" came on and she heard the talk box. It was like seeing Neil Diamond or something, boring as hell.

Richie Sambora was still with them and the stage setup pissed me off from the first song. It was Jon out front (obviously) and then Richie was back a ways with a bit less light on him and then the rest of the band was setup like a backup band for Frank Sinatra or something with low lighting. I started listening to Bon Jovi with 7800 Fahrenheit and the other guys were on that album. Annoyed me so much to see them back like that.

Relative to expectations, Ozzy in 2007.

It was like the bare minimum. He did the four Blizzard of Ozz songs he does at every concert, the three No More Tears songs he does at every concert, three songs off his new (at the time) album, Bark at the Moon, Fire in the Sky (which was the only surprise of the night) and Paranoid.

It's like he did the shortest concert he possibly could, and he didn't sound very good. Rob Zombie opened and smoked him.

But the next time he came around he did a two and a half hour show and it was one of the most amazing concerts I've ever seen. Six Sabbath songs, six Randy songs, three Jake songs, four Zakk songs and just one new tune.

Never know what you'll get with the Ozzman.

Lynch Mob on the Re-evolution tour when George was in the throws of his Nu-Metal addiction. Fucking terrible show.

Ozzy around 91-92 in Hawaii - came out and did like 3 songs, sounded like crap, left the stage and Aldridge did like a 20 minute drum solo- came back out and made some utterances on top of the music for awhile and called it a night....it blew

Smashmouth. I wasn't a fan anyway and they played an outdoor show with 2 Skinny J's and the mighty mighty Bosstones, Run DMC, and Cracker.

I was a Run Dmc fan besides Walk this Way(I hate Aerosmith) and I really liked 2 skinny J's and the Bosstones back then too.

Smashmouth was kinda getting big and I hated them from the start but their music was a lot of studio magic instead of talent. I think the singer could barely catch his breath and sat down most of the show. If you cant stand for a 30 minute set you have issues. I didnt know any of their songs except the songs they played on the radio constantly and when they played those I couldn't recognize them.

Cracker on the other hand was absolutely amazing. I wasn't really a fan at time but was when I left. I was kinda blown away by them. Seen them a couple times after and really enjoyed them but they had some serious mojo that night

I saw DIO about 15 years ago with Doug Aldrich. It was the last show of the tour and they were done, no encore or Rainbow in the dark, they went through the motions and left. I saw him again a few months later with Craig Goldy, it was their first show of the tour. They did three encores and fucking ruled!

I saw Andy Alldort "plays Hendrix" OMG baaaaaaad!

Markedman":31g88x7c said:
I saw DIO about 15 years ago with Doug Aldrich. It was the last show of the tour and they were done, no encore or Rainbow in the dark, they went through the motions and left. I saw him again a few months later with Craig Goldy, it was their first show of the tour. They did three encores and fucking ruled!

I saw Andy Alldort "plays Hendrix" OMG baaaaaaad!

Wow that blows me away but I guess being last show of the tour, probably makes sense.

One of the worst sounding was Whitesnake with Vai and Vandenburg. Sounded like they were playing through a giant pillow, everything was muffled, sounded like shit. And all the gay prancing around onstage was just a bit much. When Sykes left he took the sound of the band with him.

I'd have to say Dream Theater opening for someone I forget. I was psyched to hear Petrucci. He had his massive Mesa rig, but it sounded like a shitty muffled mess. It was an outdoor show, so maybe that didn't help but is was pretty boring and sounded like crap.

Smashing Pumpkins at Montreal’s Summersault back in 2000. They were the headliners, every other band that played before them where great. But when there time came. The technician teams turned off the front projectors and started to take them appart. We spent the whole show literally whatching shadows singing. A clone of Cogan could have been used. And no one would have ever known. Plus they butchered Bullet with butterfly wings. What a disappointment.

Radiohead in 2012. The sound was just terrible. And then and was lifeless on stage. First time I ever left a show before the end.

hstlaurent":2eqmgpj7 said:
Smashing Pumpkins at Montreal’s Summersault back in 2000.

i love smashing pumpkins but every video ive seen of them live has been awful which scared me off from seeing them, same with soundgarden and deftones.

97 or 98 i forget metallica concert. They just werent on point and it felt like they had no energy. And I remember being extremely disappointed at the accostic set for about 3-4 of the songs.

Deep Purple, late 80s or early 90s. Jon Lord’s organ was not working for most of the show, it was very Spinal Tap. He kept playing without any amplification.

Machine Head on their Burning Red tour. When they walked out Rob had a slow, drunken swagger and that set the tone for the performance. They played everything at what seemed like 3/4 speed and with the exception of their bassist no one had much energy. Rob was playing pretty sloppy as well. It was very disappointing performance.

90-91 The Cult/Metallica

Ian Ashbury was completely Smacked out, could barely stand up.
I also remember Metallica restarting One, never have witnessed that before or since.

Most recently Bad Company had hired Rich Robinson to fill in for an ailing Mick Ralphs and he was terrible. Playing incorrect rhythms and I mean way off throughout the show. I was flabbergasted at how bad he was.

Back