Looks like H&H power amps are back into production.

harddriver

I wonder if these are even close to the original, they look pretty well built, but...........................more than likely someone probably bought the HH name and make these in China. They are very reasonably priced for the wattage they are rated at. I don't think the mosfets used in the 80 and 90's are even available anymore.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1200W-Professi ... 0008.m2219

FYI I clicked that link and my ebay account was hacked and a bogus store opened up IMMEDIATELY after I clicked the link.

I'm being serious for once.

Markedman":2kpphnt4 said:
Is it made in Wuhan, U.K.?

The ebay ad says China, where else? Those prices are enticing, they look like a really nicely built power amp, but I think a good ole Made In USA peavey probably sound as good if not better.

If it didn't have the H&H logo I doubt I would even consider it.

They have been talking about doing this for more than a decade. Think I’ll just keep my HH V800. Haha

Goat":2ta767e1 said:
What's so special about HH?
They where used by all the big rack guys in the 80s. Lukather, Landau, EVH etc. I have never tried them, but they're supposed to sound better in a guitar rig than a "regular" SS power amp.

guitarnerdswe":357tu96v said:
Goat":357tu96v said:
What's so special about HH?
They where used by all the big rack guys in the 80s. Lukather, Landau, EVH etc. I have never tried them, but they're supposed to sound better in a guitar rig than a "regular" SS power amp.
Got it.

I haven't seen David Phillips/Dave Friedman post any new rack builds with the new ones. I'm curious about them as well!

Looks like the company has been resurrected in the UK, but production in China, they have a website. The new amps says nothing about their lineage of the old MosFet designs that made them famous. The amp designs look very well built for the prices IMO. The new ones state class D power section. I'm mostly just curious.....
Here's specs from their big power amp M2000
The HH M Series power amplifiers are ultra-high power, flexible 4 channel 2U rack amplifiers designed to provide maximum performance.

Features
Unit Weight: 9Kg/pc, 19.8 lbs/pc
Unit Dimensions: (Hwd) 483 x 306 x 89mm, 19" x 12" x 3.5"
Indicators: Signal/Clip/Protection/Power/-5dB/-10dB/-20dB leds
Controls: Volume Control knobs (per channel), Power switch
Power Connector: 13A Removeable IEC Power Cord C14
Other Controls: Sensitivity switch (per group) , Stereo/Parallel/Bridge Mode Switch, Input Link Mode Switch. Mains Input
Output Connector: NL4 Speakon per channel
Input Link Connector: Balanced XLR-M
Input Connector: Balanced XLR-F
Amplifier Type: High Performance Professional Class D
Psu Type: Universal Auto Switching 100-240V~
Output Power: 8 Ohm Stereo 4 X 500W
Output Power: 4 Ohm Stereo 4 X 750W
Output Power: 2 Ohm Stereo 4 X 950W
Output Power: 8 Ohm Bridge 2 X 1300W
Output Power: 4 Ohm Bridge 2 X 1900W
Frequency Response: 20HZ - 20KHZ (+0, -1.5DB)
THD%: ≤0.1%
S/N: ≥100DB
Damping Factor: 500
Slew Rate: ≥10V/ΜS
Input Sensitivity: 0.775V/1.0V/32DB
Input Impedance (Bal/Unbal:) 20KΩ/10KΩ
Voltage Gain (8Ω:) 38.2DB
Cooling: VARIABLE SPEED FAN, AIR FLOW FROM FRONT TO REAR
Protection: SOFT START, VHF, RF, SHORT CIRCUIT, OVER LOAD, CLIP LIMIT, OVER HEAT, PROGRESSIVE VOLUME, OVER/UNDER VOLTAGE

Any number of modestly priced solid-state amplifers will suffice. Unless you're playing Shea Stadium, I don't see the point in owning a high power solid-state amplifier.

Purpleibby":1lzex3p2 said:
I haven't seen David Phillips/Dave Friedman post any new rack builds with the new ones. I'm curious about them as well!

They aren’t made anymore. Not for like 30 years.

I own one. It’s killer. Tough to find these days.

harddriver":3aytrkso said:
Looks like the company has been resurrected in the UK, but production in China, they have a website. The new amps says nothing about their lineage of the old MosFet designs that made them famous. The amp designs look very well built for the prices IMO. The new ones state class D power section. I'm mostly just curious.....
Here's specs from their big power amp M2000
The HH M Series power amplifiers are ultra-high power, flexible 4 channel 2U rack amplifiers designed to provide maximum performance.

Features
Unit Weight: 9Kg/pc, 19.8 lbs/pc
Unit Dimensions: (Hwd) 483 x 306 x 89mm, 19" x 12" x 3.5"
Indicators: Signal/Clip/Protection/Power/-5dB/-10dB/-20dB leds
Controls: Volume Control knobs (per channel), Power switch
Power Connector: 13A Removeable IEC Power Cord C14
Other Controls: Sensitivity switch (per group) , Stereo/Parallel/Bridge Mode Switch, Input Link Mode Switch. Mains Input
Output Connector: NL4 Speakon per channel
Input Link Connector: Balanced XLR-M
Input Connector: Balanced XLR-F
Amplifier Type: High Performance Professional Class D
Psu Type: Universal Auto Switching 100-240V~
Output Power: 8 Ohm Stereo 4 X 500W
Output Power: 4 Ohm Stereo 4 X 750W
Output Power: 2 Ohm Stereo 4 X 950W
Output Power: 8 Ohm Bridge 2 X 1300W
Output Power: 4 Ohm Bridge 2 X 1900W
Frequency Response: 20HZ - 20KHZ (+0, -1.5DB)
THD%: ≤0.1%
S/N: ≥100DB
Damping Factor: 500
Slew Rate: ≥10V/ΜS
Input Sensitivity: 0.775V/1.0V/32DB
Input Impedance (Bal/Unbal:) 20KΩ/10KΩ
Voltage Gain (8Ω:) 38.2DB
Cooling: VARIABLE SPEED FAN, AIR FLOW FROM FRONT TO REAR
Protection: SOFT START, VHF, RF, SHORT CIRCUIT, OVER LOAD, CLIP LIMIT, OVER HEAT, PROGRESSIVE VOLUME, OVER/UNDER VOLTAGE

Yep, that's nothing like the old amps. Probably wouldn't sell a lot of reissues anyway, but it would be nice for the nostalgia.

Goat":22rxuehx said:
Any number of modestly priced solid-state amplifers will suffice. Unless you're playing Shea Stadium, I don't see the point in owning a high power solid-state amplifier.
Not really. Unless you don't care about the quality of the reproduction. The reason these were used is that they sound spot on to the slave amp.....pretty uncanny how accurate the tone is when you use an HH. The vintage HH that is. They sound and feel tube-like, and not in an AXE FX way..which I found to be fairly obviously processed.
There's a reason the big names used HH in their re-amping on stage.

Racerxrated":3m8b3w54 said:
Goat":3m8b3w54 said:
Not really. Unless you don't care about the quality of the reproduction. The reason these were used is that they sound spot on to the slave amp.....pretty uncanny how accurate the tone is when you use an HH. The vintage HH that is. They sound and feel tube-like, and not in an AXE FX way..which I found to be fairly obviously processed.
There's a reason the big names used HH in their re-amping on stage.
Who, exactly, is using HH for reamping? Why would I need to reamp my amp? I've been playing/gigging since 1978, and have done just fine using a Crown powered PA rig.

psychodave":1pbj7ojp said:
Purpleibby":1pbj7ojp said:

They aren’t made anymore. Not for like 30 years.

I own one. It’s killer. Tough to find these days.

Yes I know, I'm with ya....I'm saying I haven't seen any of his new racks sporting the new HH power amps(that's what I'm curious about, haven't seen any of their builds that have them...don't know anyone who's tried one of the new ones either). David still does posts his new and old racks and builds on the Huge Guitar Racks group on facebook. Actually pretty cool has a little bit of that HRI spirit over there. Right on and congrats :thumbsup: I'd love to have an old one....wouldn't want to move the bastard though. I recently saw a rack build with a classic HH that was a 2 space version, that was new to me, only ever saw the bigger ones.

Goat":1pbj7ojp said:
But... but... tubes!

Mostly they're used for a post power amp signal(like from a Suhr line out box, or from a reactive load line out)...in that application you'd want a clean SS power amp to accurately amplify the sound of the amps....or if your center dry cab is run by your tube head and you take the line out box to drive a clean power amp for your stereo effects(w/d/w)

exo-metal":1pbj7ojp said:
Who in their right mind would want anything from China ever again?

Gotta agree with ya, it's definitely a strike against the unit.

EVH's use of the HH amp was likely the result of it being the only thing he could afford at the time, or something someone gave him. There were several high quality mosfet power amplifers available in those days. Hell, you could buy 60's era Marshall, VOX, Music Man, Fender, SUNN.... gear for next to nothing. I once purchased 2 x stock '72 Marshall Super Lead 100 watt half-stacks for $500.00 each.

Back