Mesa IIc+

Beyond Black":2nyr0x57 said:
A 2C++ killer? Doubtful...It may be a killer amp, but there’s not an amp in existence that’s a 2C++ killer. Reza’s probably just hyping it up to increase the value of it’s imminent future sale.

Lol I know! Contextual understanding is helpful when interpreting a comment like this and I should go ahead an paste the full answer too. I was asking if the MI Audio Megalith Beta came off as close to the Wizard MCII & MTL as well as IIC++ in person as much as it does in the youtube clips, which are obviously not the best way to try to judge the magic of amps. His exact response was...

"I don't think this is anywhere near the wizards in flavor at all. this is more of a Mesa 2C++ killer. I would say it's in the 5150/Engl/uberschall hybrid world of tonal color palette. it's so incredibly massively powerful tho. 160 watts of pure room quake. it's got massive subs and so much midrange detail that it kinda makes those 5150 style amps sound tinny."

Sound like an intriguing amp. There are so few clips of this amp out there, but for <$2k new I think this should probably be on more peoples radar.

Beyond Black":23vi0fb2 said:
Tiger1016":23vi0fb2 said:
Racerxrated":23vi0fb2 said:
Don't fool yourself into thinking ANYTHING from the AXE will take the place or sound that much like the real deal. Those Kemper/AXE FX are cool units that are great for gigs, recording etc but they just don't sound that similar to my ears; I've had a few versions now both through FRFR and a power amp. They are still too far away for me to take the place of a real amp.
If you are patient you can find a used Wizard for 3K or so..the MCI can get down to 2400 and the MCII/MTL can be had for 3500. But they don't pop up too often. I'd highly recommend keeping the C+ and saving/biding your time for a new or used Wizard. With those two amps you'd have everything covered high gain wise, IMO.

I value this advice and am back on the thought of trying to find a Wizard to pair up with the IIC+. There is a MCI in the classifieds here, so I just sent a PM to see if I can make something happen on that one.

I just started taking notice of the MI Audio amps and am getting quite intrigued by them. The Beta is an insane a metal machine and seems like it could cover that territory as good as the OG IIC+ and ++ can. Might not be as good of an option for anything below metal though; tough to tell. They have the Ironhorse or the Revelation MKII models for that though, and you can basically buy 2 MI Audio amps for the price of 1 IIC+ w/ GEQ or a new Wizard. Kind of impossible to tell how much secret sauce might be missing from them compared to the bench marks, but Reeza did call the Beta a IIC++ killer in his response to my question on his youtube video (link below).

I thought it was worthwhile pointing this out for others to look into as well.

A 2C++ killer? Doubtful...It may be a killer amp, but there’s not an amp in existence that’s a 2C++ killer. Reza’s probably just hyping it up to increase the value of it’s imminent future sale.
Yep, this all day...Reza does have a method to his madness so to speak. I'll tell ya, I've heard a couple 'iffy' things about that company, and that the tone in person is slightly disappointing. But that's not from my experience, just what I've heard. The amps you are focusing on, Wizard and C+ are tried and true killer amps that most put in their top 5 all time. They will also retain their used value, if you pay between 2-3k you will sell for 2-3K.
I'd stick with your original plan. Get one, and bide your time to get the other.
No substitute for the real deal in my experience.
:rock:

Racerxrated":389n2ecd said:
Yep, this all day...Reza does have a method to his madness so to speak. I'll tell ya, I've heard a couple 'iffy' things about that company, and that the tone in person is slightly disappointing. But that's not from my experience, just what I've heard. The amps you are focusing on, Wizard and C+ are tried and true killer amps that most put in their top 5 all time. They will also retain their used value, if you pay between 2-3k you will sell for 2-3K.
I'd stick with your original plan. Get one, and bide your time to get the other.
No substitute for the real deal in my experience.
:rock:
I agree with ya and have finished up my looking over on the other side of the fence and am back to reality. Going with the IIC+ and going to wait to find a used MCII to eventually pop up. In the interim, I am going down the rabbit hole to try to find some pedals that can help bring the IIC+ closer to the MCII and MTL territory, and I am putting my blinders on to other amps that have been getting me distracted.

I have a 2019 MTL, and like Racer said, it's got this lower-mid thing going on. It actually reminds me more of a mesa (without the compression if that makes sense) than a marshall, which isn't a bad thing at all. It pairs really well with my Rev C dual rectifier. Though, I think the recto might actually pair better with an MC if I were gigging.

Seems like $4500 will probably clear for this fine looking amp (link below). First IIC+ head with GEQ that I have seen pop up in like 2 months of looking.

https://reverb.com/item/36100388-mesa-m ... -one-owner

Glad this did not come up sooner because I might have talked myself into it. Instead I got a good deal on my IIC+ non-GEQ which left me with enough in the tank to seal the deal on a Wizard MCI today! All in I am <$500 over for these two amps for what this IIC+ GEQ is going for. And the EQ in the loop of the IIC+ has been working great for me so far.

Oh and for a price reference for those who might be looking.

My non-GEQ IIC+ is a HX head with a flight case and extra set of tubes, all in very good cosmetic and operating condition. Also it was very well taken care of in an arid climate, but it has not gone through an actual full servicing or cap job yet. I paid $2300 from a seller off of the Boogie Board, which seems like it was on the good side of a fair deal.

Tiger1016":1wy8hltk said:
Seems like $4500 will probably clear for this fine looking amp (link below). First IIC+ head with GEQ that I have seen pop up in like 2 months of looking.

Glad this did not come up sooner because I might have talked myself into it. Instead I got a good deal on my IIC+ non-GEQ which left me with enough in the tank to seal the deal on a Wizard MCI today! All in I am <$500 over for these two amps for what this IIC+ GEQ is going for. And the EQ in the loop of the IIC+ has been working great for me so far.

That amp looks great!

SBlue":2711d4nk said:
Tiger1016":2711d4nk said:

That amp looks great!

It really does look great! It amazes me how well the blonde tolex can stay looking pretty good for such a long time. My IIC+ is a blonde as well, also an '84 like this linked one, and aside from 2 small cigarette burns on the top is in as good of shape. My amp is a few months older than me, and I just wish my body could keep up as well as this amp seems to be.

FYI if you read the Reverb listing, this is an estate sale from a single owner who passed away (hopefully a full life and natural causes). I point this out because this amp was taken to the grave. That is kind of a special story IMO. And I want to believe that is the original 35 year old box in the pic too.

Tiger1016":2sjhuojs said:
SBlue":2sjhuojs said:
Tiger1016":2sjhuojs said:

That amp looks great!

It really does look great! It amazes me how well the blonde tolex can stay looking pretty good for such a long time. My IIC+ is a blonde as well, also an '84 like this linked one, and aside from 2 small cigarette burns on the top is in as good of shape. My amp is a few months older than me, and I just wish my body could keep up as well as this amp seems to be.

FYI if you read the Reverb listing, this is an estate sale from a single owner who passed away (hopefully a full life and natural causes). I point this out because this amp was taken to the grave. That is kind of a special story IMO. And I want to believe that is the original 35 year old box in the pic too.

I agree with that!
I'm not the first owner of mine, but I'll do everything I can to have it until the day I die.
Mine is s C, just chassis, no box, that was upgraded by Mike B to C+ and got a new Mesa head box.
It's easily one of my all time faves!

Tiger1016":y5znt23e said:

The holy pairing, C+ and Wizard. I don't think there are two amps that pair as nicely as these. They are so different, yet both are the best high gain amps I've owned/played.

I'm clearing house. Anyone looking for a DRG, hit me up. Will be available in about 3 weeks.

Bxlxaxkxe":125mee1e said:
Tiger1016":125mee1e said:

The holy pairing, C+ and Wizard. I don't think there are two amps that pair as nicely as these Zach. They are so different, yet both are the best high gain amps I've owned/played.

I'm clearing house. Anyone looking for a DRG, hit me up. Will be available in about 3 weeks.

Shoot me a pm with your price and the amp's condition. I may have some funds coming free

Bxlxaxkxe":f1fceau9 said:
Tiger1016":f1fceau9 said:

The holy pairing, C+ and Wizard. I don't think there are two amps that pair as nicely as these. They are so different, yet both are the best high gain amps I've owned/played.

Thanks bud. Can't wait to get this beast in. And thanks for letting me take this off of your hands.

I was playing my Wizard MCII KT75 earlier today and it kind of reminded me of the best sounding JP2C I had a while back. The one thing the modelers will never be able to do is mimic transformers and playing a Wizard is pretty much like nothing else, Rick’s amps kick like a mule, hard to get that from a modeler. Congrats on your 2C+

Back