pricing question - TRADED + NGD and SECOND CHARVEL NGD!

skullfxr

Local only, noy going to ship or bullshit. i just don't know what to price it at. it does have the trem bar but no back cover.

minor fretwear, plays well. no issues other than the chip at the tip.

i have ZERO clue what to list it at. i don't have much into it.

no case.

vfzADwRl.jpg

57fIG1Xl.jpg

ZwgrojLl.jpg

nXsgTjpl.jpg

TXxGuXLl.jpg

KNLe3nEl.jpg

sjql5Ofl.jpg

zfbcyuOl.jpg

OqL2Khwl.jpg

whatcha' think i should start it on CL? Generally Charvels are pretty easy to sell here.

Like Racer said, probably a good ballpark but I think you can go higher. Pretty cool having the EMG pickups and Japanese guitars in the 80s were really good quality. I'd think you could go $550 to $600. I'd swap out the knobs though.

Yeah, I´m not sure what the market really is for a Model 1, from what I´ve seen over the years it´s probably the least desirable of the bunch due to it being a pointy with a vintage trem. I think you would be lucky to go north of $500, and $350-450 seems more in range.

It is going to be traded today! We agreed that the deal is done pending accuracy of condition.

I never post NGD's but may this time.

snagged this straight up. dead mint. and i don't say mint.
wzTduF5l.jpg

UffArjLl.jpg

DLYa6gNl.jpg

don't feel like posting a NGD, but thats what i got. totally surprised me. i thought i was going to flip it, but i think she is a keeper.

i already got a trem stopper ordered for it.

swamptrashstompboxes":28b8cx7h said:
wzTduF5l.jpg

UffArjLl.jpg

DLYa6gNl.jpg

don't feel like posting a NGD, but thats what i got. totally surprised me. i thought i was going to flip it, but i think she is a keeper.

Congrats! I take it it's a MiM? I wonder about the decal; looks off a bit..maybe a build? Anyway it looks cool. Good trade.

Racerxrated":3t37zwqa said:
swamptrashstompboxes":3t37zwqa said:
wzTduF5l.jpg

UffArjLl.jpg

DLYa6gNl.jpg

Congrats! I take it it's a MiM? I wonder about the decal; looks off a bit..maybe a build? Anyway it looks cool. Good trade.

yeah its an MIM i didn't notice the logo until just now weird. maybe thats why the neck is so damn nice. lol. either way its not leaving. everything matches perfectly. now i am like what the hell.

both guitar match the others from the year. the 2008's were slightly different angle than this one. at least from stock pics.

scottosan":2mlf4bin said:
Price wise, you robbed him. But the DK24 non-Floyd’s have terrible tuning stability issues.

I got the trem stop ordered. I will adjust it nice and tight like it would be if decked (but obviously the trem will be level). I will not set it up until then, or really use it.

So basically I am waiting for the trem stop to set her up and when that's here, I will set it up to my tolerances and start playing it.

swamptrashstompboxes":ufma6zut said:
scottosan":ufma6zut said:
Price wise, you robbed him. But the DK24 non-Floyd’s have terrible tuning stability issues.

I got the trem stop ordered. I will adjust it nice and tight like it would be if decked (but obviously the trem will be level). I will not set it up until then, or really use it.

So basically I am waiting for the trem stop to set her up and when that's here, I will set it up to my tolerances and start playing it.
That’s not the problem. The string trees on the DG are not necessary. The issue is all at the nut. I had the nut filed and used nut sauce and the strings still get hung. Maybe someone’s got it figured by now. It’s a well documented issue

scottosan":1dehk0ce said:
swamptrashstompboxes":1dehk0ce said:
scottosan":1dehk0ce said:

That’s not the problem. The string trees on the DG are not necessary. The issue is all at the nut. I had the nut filed and used nut sauce and the strings still get hung. Maybe someone’s got it figured by now. It’s a well documented issue

Huh. I will see if I have the same issue.

I am planning on touching up the nut, as it will have 11-50's on it which is usual for me. I have the proper tools, and while I can't make a nut from a raw bone, if it's in the ballpark or preslotted, I am decent at touching them up.

I use a trem stopper on all trem guitars that I can't deck. Including non recessed Floyds.

Nothing odd about that one, it's a straight up brand-new DK22 SSS. The logos are straight like that on these:
Znw8vcvl.png

Dave L":1f1p5syh said:
Nothing odd about that one, it's a straight up brand-new DK22 SSS. The logos are straight like that on these:
Znw8vcvl.png

OK. That's good. They changed since my 2008 USA So-cal, that one matches other USA So-cals.

swamptrashstompboxes":2kjpt2tc said:
Dave L":2kjpt2tc said:
Znw8vcvl.png

OK. That's good. They changed since my 2008 USA So-cal, that one matches other USA So-cals.
You have a 2009. I have the exact same model...the Candy Plum came out in 09. I've also had at least 15 other USAs from 08-09. They are my favorite guitar hands down. The logos are the same on all the 08-09s. And the Custom shops, and the previous 90s ballsack USA versions as well as the original 80s USAs as I've had 3 and currently own one. If the logo is not the same on any USA Charvel it very well could be a fake build as there are fake logos that used to be available on eBay. Since these 08-09s are now selling for at least a grand, I wouldn't put it past some scammers on trying to pass off a fake Charvel as the real thing. They can build one for 600 and double their money. So if the logo seems off I'd definitely scrutinize it before you buy.
Talking about the USA only. You can contact Fender and give the serial to verify the build as they have all the specs of all the Fender owned Charvel serials.
Just food for thought.

That DK24 is a nice score; hopefully you don't have tuning issues.
:rock:

Racerxrated":12j3jk75 said:
swamptrashstompboxes":12j3jk75 said:
Dave L":12j3jk75 said:
Znw8vcvl.png

You have a 2009. I have the exact same model...the Candy Plum came out in 09. I've also had at least 15 other USAs from 08-09. They are my favorite guitar hands down. The logos are the same on all the 08-09s. And the Custom shops, and the previous 90s ballsack USA versions as well as the original 80s USAs as I've had 3 and currently own one. If the logo is not the same on any USA Charvel it very well could be a fake build as there are fake logos that used to be available on eBay. Since these 08-09s are now selling for at least a grand, I wouldn't put it past some scammers on trying to pass off a fake Charvel as the real thing. They can build one for 600 and double their money. So if the logo seems off I'd definitely scrutinize it before you buy.
Talking about the USA only. You can contact Fender and give the serial to verify the build as they have all the specs of all the Fender owned Charvel serials.
Just food for thought.

That DK24 is a nice score; hopefully you don't have tuning issues.
:rock:

OK, I have a lot of guitars I knew it was '08 or '09 could not remember which. Lol. I know my USA is legit, without question. I was doubting the Mexi for a minute though looking at it in comparison to the USA, that's all.

As far as the tuning issues, I have tried to make it go out of tune at the nut by pressing behind nut playing, doing a bend to see if it does, and it doesn't seem to. Fingers crossed.

As I said, until the trem stopper comes, I am not going to really play it much. I hate. 009"s and can't play for shit with them, and won't bother setting it up until I get the trem stopper. Then I will really get into see if there is a tuning problem. When I do my setup, I will touch up the nut as per usual. We shall see.

FYI - these are great, I have them in three guitars, not counting the one on the way for the new charvel.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264237561879

I may be looking at a 2010 MIJ San Dimas from the same guy as the Mexi. Not sure if it will be today though, or that the deal will go through TBH.

Back