''''

It blows, that no one listens to music like that anymore. I'll bet most kids today don't even know who Van Halen was. Reminds me of laughing at my dad's big band music... I actually like that music now. Mafia ties, tailed by the FBI, punching-out reporters, dumps wife for Ava Gardner... it's all there! The "rockstar" of black tie and bourbon.

Drink one for the Chairman of the Board! :cheers:

GreatRedDragon":1c3ni5ih said:
That sounds really good!

What is a R/T mod? I'm new to the whole tube scene.

Thank you kindly sir! :thumbsup:
The R/T mod is a plexi circuit mod I designed for these amp Marshall amps.

There it is................. that Plexi clank, spank, chirp and usual plexi goodness. I'm definitely a series one RT mod person. I would say Mike you need to try about a 9K SD 78 pickup into your RT mod to really nail the early tones, you actually have too much gain, the tone is great though!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

MichaelR/T":2meyoesg said:
'68 Plexi Super Lead 100w build with the R/T Series I mod - Brown Sound Clip
Gear Used:
Frankie Strat with EVH Frankenstein humbucker in the bridge.
'68 Plexi Super Lead 100w build with the Plexi R/T Series 1 mod.
Marshall 4x12 with Celestion G12M 25w Green Backs.
odierocks70@gmail.com
Add some plate verb and bottom to that, and I think you're pretty-much there.

The thing I've noticed with VH tone, is that it doesn't seem to work with anything other than VH. Rather, there are other tone voicings that I prefer to use with non-VH tone. Except for the first album... I love that Phase 90/EP3/Marshall/plate verb sound! I really dig the tone on "Drop Dead Legs" too though. 1984 is commerical sounding as f***, but I don't care. I love those Obie synth tones too.

MichaelR/T":197li01f said:
Goat":197li01f said:
MichaelR/T":197li01f said:
Gear Used:
odierocks70@gmail.com

The thing I've noticed with VH tone, is that it doesn't seem to work with anything other than VH. Rather, there are other tone voicings that I prefer to use with non-VH tone. Except for the first album... I love that Phase 90/EP3/Marshall/plate verb sound! I really dig the tone on "Drop Dead Legs" too though. 1984 is commerical sounding as f***, but I don't care. I love those Obie synth tones too.

Thank you for checking out my video and commenting.
If a person needs more bottom-end the amp has lots more on the bass control to play around with.
I like the way these amps take the phase 90 and plate reverb, in the end it puts the sound right where it needs to be.
However, I have to keep the sound clips raw so people can get an idea of what it really sounds like pure.
Oh, the amp tone is perfect! I was actually referring to adding EQ + effects via mixer/PA.

Goat":1ipv8tgi said:
MichaelR/T":1ipv8tgi said:
Goat":1ipv8tgi said:
MichaelR/T":1ipv8tgi said:
Gear Used:
odierocks70@gmail.com

Thank you for checking out my video and commenting.
If a person needs more bottom-end the amp has lots more on the bass control to play around with.
I like the way these amps take the phase 90 and plate reverb, in the end it puts the sound right where it needs to be.
However, I have to keep the sound clips raw so people can get an idea of what it really sounds like pure.
Oh, the amp tone is perfect! I was actually referring to adding EQ + effects via mixer/PA.

Thank you for the kind words. :thumbsup:
I'm sorry I misunderstood you.

Sounds killer Mike.

I know very very few people that can play like that AND build amps. Simply amazing all around.

Mad props to your business. Also, I get that you are trying to demonstrate your amp out of the box without post touch up stuff of fx.

Back