mesa service

ClintN667

After reading so many post where you guys sent your amps in for service to Mesa I sent mine in. Today I got an email saying it was finished and ready to come back home. Apparently I had a few caps that started to leak but I got it to them before it got to the board and Im guessing they replaced that "brown" cap that Beyond Black was talking about. All in all it wasnt that expensive. So Im really glad I sent it in. My question is how long did it take to get back for you guys who have shipped yours out? Im on the East Coast

Not sure on mine. Maybe 3-4 weeks. But mine was serviced and then modded. So to me that turn around time wasn’t bad.

I got an email saying it was finished. Just kinda hoping it doesnt take too long to ship back. Im moving this week.

Mailman1971":1nibncnj said:
Pay the extra for over night shipping.
$400+ easily for that. probably more these days. overnight gets INSANELY expensive, and never worth the extra day unless its a fucking human organ or something.

ClintN667":3krfofh3 said:
I got an email saying it was finished. Just kinda hoping it doesnt take too long to ship back. Im moving this week.
Just have them ship and then call UPS to 'hold at location'. You can pick a UPS store or Hub and just go get it there. Unless you are moving way out of town, where it is a total Pia to run back and get it. They usually use UPS from my experience.

My son has a friend who has two addresses for selling on eBay. One on the east coast, one on the west coast. If he sells something in CA he puts his CA return address on the package and ships it from NY to CA. It gets there the next day. The USPS must think that the package got rerouted to NY somehow and they make damn sure it doesn't take a week to get from one city to the next just 15 miles apart.

That said, MESA is not going to do that.

I bought a Boogie 50/50 on a Sunday and got it two days later on Tuesday without paying extra. CA to CT. The guy used USPS to ship it.

And those hubs racerx mentioned can be Walgreens or other local pharmacy/etc. It's a wonderful thing.

Curious what the total cost after shipping runs. I cheaped out and used the local guy who is really good. He changed all e-lytic caps and general tune up and even repaired the aftermarket head cab that had mounting issues...$240 on the wheel and out the door. About 2 weeks total (exactly what he estimated).

What is the advantage of shipping to a UPS hub? Not having to go to the local UPS processing center when they cannot be bothered to knock on your door? Or is there any other point to it?

If it is Signature Required and you won't be home you can have them drop it off at some place really close to your home

Fission":3pcudbua said:
What is the advantage of shipping to a UPS hub? Not having to go to the local UPS processing center when they cannot be bothered to knock on your door? Or is there any other point to it?
If you can’t be home when it’s dropped, the safer move is to pick up at a ups store or hub if the hub has a customer service desk. In my town it’s open to the public from 8-10am and 4-6pm. Just call ups to have it held there, and when it arrives go grab it during their open hours.

Racerxrated":25o913ro said:
Fission":25o913ro said:
If you can’t be home when it’s dropped, the safer move is to pick up at a ups store or hub if the hub has a customer service desk. In my town it’s open to the public from 8-10am and 4-6pm. Just call ups to have it held there, and when it arrives go grab it during their open hours.
I do this more than not. And you’re not stuck home waiting for a delivery.

SpiderWars":zn2h0vei said:
And those hubs racerx mentioned can be Walgreens or other local pharmacy/etc. It's a wonderful thing.

Curious what the total cost after shipping runs. I cheaped out and used the local guy who is really good. He changed all e-lytic caps and general tune up and even repaired the aftermarket head cab that had mounting issues...$240 on the wheel and out the door. About 2 weeks total (exactly what he estimated).

Mine ran $272 for about 1.75 hours

"Mike Bendinelli: Clean up and service- pots jacks pulls pre sockets, etc. Replace all the electrolytic caps, the 8200/16v caps on the low voltage supply did show some leakage when removed. It all cleaned up as it had not spread on the board yet. Upgraded the .1/400 caps at V5 to .1/630 volt. Tested all functions with bench reverb and ftsw set. Labor 1.75 hrs."

I was honestly expecting $350 plus another $90 for shipping so I it worked out great. I have a new headshell hopefully shipping this week.

I moved this past week and didnt get any downtime until yesterday and was able to plug in my KSR Orthos for a few minutes. I dont know if it was just due to not playing it for a week or actually being able to turn it up a bit more but it sounded so freaking good. My Mark IV is scheduled for delivery tomorrow and now that everything is kinda mellowing out at my house I'm hoping to replace the Monomyth that I sold to help with moving expenses and hopefully a new cab to go with the Mark IV.

Metlupass2":2web24az said:
Just don't have them send it USPS. Those mailmen are fucking douchebags......
Ohhhh I see what you did there.... :LOL: :LOL:
I put in an authorization to crush every parcel to your home.
Nah... they get crushed on their own. :D

Metlupass2":399es38o said:
Just don't have them send it USPS. Those mailmen are fucking douchebags......

they're having major problems right now due to the covid thing. in my neighbor hood we have a different mail carrier every day, and they don't come around until like 7 or 8pm. not to mention packages sitting in distro centers for a week or 2 not moving. Gotta say though, there have been a few super cute females dropping off letters now and then lately.

Back