''''

Judging by the sound clips which amp would meet your musical needs best?

• or none? :)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • - Series II (FX loop)

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • - Series I

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like the first version! Sounds great! There seems to be a bit more chirp in the second version. Some may like that though....

If cranked gain Plexi tone is your destination then series I is my preference, it clanks and chirps like a cranked, loaded down plexi, I have a 68 metro plexi and that's what it sounds like, variaced and loaded down. I've always thought your RT mod series I has gotten the closest.

The series II sounds more in line with a 2204 style of gain response IMO, it sounds good, just different just not exactly what I hear in a great plexi tone.

harddriver":7c4k9cvk said:
If cranked gain Plexi tone is your destination then series I is my preference, it clanks and chirps like a cranked, loaded down plexi, I have a 68 metro plexi and that's what it sounds like, variaced and loaded down. I've always thought your RT mod series I has gotten the closest.

The series II sounds more in line with a 2204 style of gain response IMO, it sounds good, just different just not exactly what I hear in a great plexi tone.
I concur with that assessment :LOL: :LOL:
Both amps sound great, but #1 sounds more "Plexi" to me as well.

MichaelR/T":s8okp3cz said:
MKibanez":s8okp3cz said:
First one for me, sounds great, love the gain.
GreatRedDragon":s8okp3cz said:
They both sound great but the Series I has THE sound.

Thanks a ton guys, I appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment. :thumbsup:
I think most people like the Series I best.
It's got a little more Plexi gain on tap. :)

I know nothing about the technical aspect of this, so excuse the ignorant question, but would it be possible to put I and II in the same head as switchable channels?

GreatRedDragon":1umwq7h2 said:
I know nothing about the technical aspect of this, so excuse the ignorant question, but would it be possible to put I and II in the same head as switchable channels?

Hmmm, what an interesting idea.
Wonder if the power and output trannies are the same...what makes the “2204” sound differently?

Love your work Michael :thumbsup:

They both sound fantastic. For my personal taste I liked series 2 better. I like a little more gain on tap and the fx loop.
Also, great playing as usual!!

I think the player is amazing. Both video sound great! Probably i prefer to have a loop with a on/off switch :)

Luca79":mby7b39i said:
I think the player is amazing. Both video sound great! Probably i prefer to have a loop with a on/off switch :)

Thank you for checking out my video clips.
I like your idea as well. :thumbsup:

Back