Got tired of no logo on my USACG Neck

Well done :rock:
I've seen you put "Tonenerd" logos on your amp builds as well.
Pretty cool and creative name for a guitar and amp brand, right down to the font you used.
I like it :thumbsup:

I seen your Charvel waterslide you put on recently. How did you get the edges of the waterslide to no show. On mince even with multiple coats of clear laquer I could not get the edges to disappear.

harddriver":2imul14h said:
I seen your Charvel waterslide you put on recently. How did you get the edges of the waterslide to no show. On mince even with multiple coats of clear laquer I could not get the edges to disappear.
Minwax clear satin lacquer , which many may not know is Nitro. I get it at Lowes

1 light coat in humidity less than 50

Wait 20

Heavier coat

Wait 20

Once you have 4/5 good coats I use 1000 grit wet dry paper in dish soap water mixture for just a minute or 2. You don’t need much pressure. I do try to spend a little more time near the edge of the decal, but it’ll still show at this point

Heavy coat

Wait 20

At this point I use paper towels like sand paper in between coats with a little more pressure. It’s dry but soft enough theatre you’ll actually se it start to shine

Repeat the spray and above step about 4 times.

The final step I go back to the 1000 grit, then 1500 grit and buff with a paper towel. It should be buried at this point if not, just sand with moderate pressure on the raised areas.

The whole process is a half day. The let cure for 2 weeks. Paper towels work great on buffing uncured nitro

Back