Diezel VHX $4899

Texhex

Oh boy.

Thpng8a.jpg

That artificial markup on Diezel in the US is ridiculous. This is the equivalent of $3299 in Germany before taxes and the Diezels all have multiple primary transformers so the only difference is a couple of wire connections. It's as bad as Mesa for EU folks lol

I was actually looking at ordering one of the new Herberts from Thomann since they are so much cheaper but Diezel doesn't allow them to ship to the US.

It actually seems pretty well thought out. I just get nervous about something that complex. The giant circuit board in the normal VH4 makes me nervous enough.

lol^

I looked into the Thomann price too and don't understand the huge disparity
If I could get it shipped from them at their price point or get something similar in the US from Sweetwater I would be on it

The price of all these amps is just stupid now. I can afford this amp. But there is NO FUCKEN WAY I'm spending 5K on that. 5K? It better give blowjobs and write number one hits. and swallow.

$5k is absurd. My limit is generally no higher than $3k for an amp, though I did make a slight exception recently. Even $3k really is pretty obnoxious.

No thanks I'll just get [place one of innumerable top-shelf amps on the market you can get for $3,000 or less here] plus a brand new Axe-Fx III for effects (and any amp models for anything you might need that the $3,000 amp doesn't do perfectly).

Try looking Mesa up here in Europe. Same deal as for you guys with diezel. Twice the cash over here.

That's a lot of cash. But....

Wizards new are over that. Friedmans? 4K. And what about guitars? Some of you guys buy Gibson Historics new, aren't they this price or even more? Suhrs? Andersons?

When you put in into perspective this isn't unexpected, is it?

I agree with Fordman though; I have a 3K limit lol.

I quit buying amps when they started topping 3K even used....I miss the old days when you could pick up
a 70's JMP for $800.00....yeah...I'm old and going off topic.. lol!

TO ANY OF MY EUROPEAN BROTHERS-BUY A MESA, SHIP IT TO ME, PAY SHIPPING TO YOUR ADDRESS AND I'LL SHIP IT. FOR FREE. FUCK DA GUBMENT. I guess that would work right? Or am I missing something? never shipped international before.

JackBootedThug":jmddrjp0 said:
TO ANY OF MY EUROPEAN BROTHERS-BUY A MESA, SHIP IT TO ME, PAY SHIPPING TO YOUR ADDRESS AND I'LL SHIP IT. FOR FREE. FUCK DA GUBMENT. I guess that would work right? Or am I missing something? never shipped international before.

The only problem is you can’t wire it for 230/240 volts. You can with diezel. But good offer! :)

Racerxrated":m5cr3v6p said:
That's a lot of cash. But....

Wizards new are over that. Friedmans? 4K. And what about guitars? Some of you guys buy Gibson Historics new, aren't they this price or even more? Suhrs? Andersons?

When you put in into perspective this isn't unexpected, is it?

I agree with Fordman though; I have a 3K limit lol.

Very valid point. I'm totally guilty of this. Juist this year, I spent over $4k on a used Ken Lawrence explorer. How the F*&(%$ did I rationalize that one if I'm not willing to spend that on an amp? That said, I do generally like to spend $3k or under on my guitars as well. Part of me thinks, just buy a nice used peavey 5150 for under $1k, a nice used Fender/Gibson/PRS or whatever for under $2k and call it a day.

$3k all in and I'm good to go, right? Hell no! I NEEDED to buy that $3,300 used Wizard! Of course I did!

I'm fortunate in that my guitar hobby budget is fairly significant. That said, these types of struggles are a real mental F&%*$ for me at times. I usually just say screw it and spend the money. :rock:

EDIT: it's also funny that you mention the exact brand of guitars in my house. Just sold a Historic and I have a Suhr and Anderson.... Almost like you were speaking directly to me. :LOL: :LOL:

Talk about a neat amp! You could literally just take this and a small midi board to a gig. All Fx built in as well as reactive load and cab sims. I wish the FX could do pre-post but they only do post.

This price doesn’t sound ridiculous considering you guys are rambling about 4K amps all the time that don’t even come close to the amount of features this thing has. It’s a crazy damned amp, and the price actually sounds reasonable for everything that’s involved.

Back