Talk me into (not) buying a Marshall 8100 100v

Dick Butter Nuts":pha5frsj said:
RaceU4her":pha5frsj said:
bubucci":pha5frsj said:
8100...worthless piece of sh*t. Even Line6 Spider sound godly beside it. Worst amp Marshall ever made.

i would take the 8100 over all the other marshalls based on this video :dunno:

Same here.

:thumbsup:

Honestly I think most modern-centric guys just don’t know how to dial in a good 80’s thrash tone. Always use too much gain and you get the fizzy mess that is every example in this vid. He made all of those sound terrible, not just worse than a valvestate.

skoora":ueeps2ew said:
Dick Butter Nuts":ueeps2ew said:
RaceU4her":ueeps2ew said:
bubucci":ueeps2ew said:
8100...worthless piece of sh*t. Even Line6 Spider sound godly beside it. Worst amp Marshall ever made.

i would take the 8100 over all the other marshalls based on this video :dunno:

Same here.

:thumbsup:

Honestly I think most modern-centric guys just don’t know how to dial in a good 80’s thrash tone. Always use too much gain and you get the fizzy mess that is every example in this vid. He made all of those sound terrible, not just worse than a valvestate.
Totally agree with you man! For some reason most of his videos sound really fizzy

sotosprince":1r1rbuvm said:
Dick Butter Nuts":1r1rbuvm said:
sotosprince":1r1rbuvm said:
This is a really quick recording using an IR + chorus
https://hearthis.at/ultimate-metal-guit ... /marshall/

Direct recording sounds good too, must be with the Suhr RL?
That's right! However, I don't think it's needed as this is a ss amp and I can run it stwight into my interface

You might want to reach out to Suhr because I think using a load or attenuator on a SS amp may not be good. Could be it’s just an attenuator that could be trouble and a fixed load is fine. This is foggy memory from long ago so grain of salt etc etc.

Makes me miss my 8100. That thing was my main amp for nearly a decade. br00tz crewed all over the place until it decided it no longer wanted to play nice with me.

I should really grab another some day. Great amps always available on the cheap.

nightflameauto":o7hj29gi said:
Makes me miss my 8100. That thing was my main amp for nearly a decade. br00tz crewed all over the place until it decided it no longer wanted to play nice with me.

I should really grab another some day. Great amps always available on the cheap.
U got that right dude, play it though a good 4x12 and few people will be able to tell to difference between this and a tube amp :rock: :rock: :rock:

Try to listen 8100 at some live concert. It was always buzzy mess, no matter who played it. And there were more than few guys who plays them in late 90’s in our area. It falls in the same paradigm like Dimebag Randalls, sounds good only in hands pf the guys that make them famous.
And if somebody can’t tell difference between this POS and good and cheap tube (6505/DSL) amp...maybe 8100 is what he deserves ?

bubucci":33ub8g5n said:
Try to listen 8100 at some live concert. It was always buzzy mess, no matter who played it. And there were more than few guys who plays them in late 90’s in our area. It falls in the same paradigm like Dimebag Randalls, sounds good only in hands pf the guys that make them famous.
And if somebody can’t tell difference between this POS and good and cheap tube (6505/DSL) amp...maybe 8100 is what he deserves ?

i dont know what bands you were watching but i watched plenty of metal and hardcore bands in the 90s roll into shitty unmic'd vfw halls and totally kill it with a 8100's. must have been operator error

RaceU4her":3dxtmb11 said:
bubucci":3dxtmb11 said:

i dont know what bands you were watching but i watched plenty of metal and hardcore bands in the 90s roll into shitty unmic'd vfw halls and totally kill it with a 8100's. must have been operator error
These unpleasant highs and absence of guitar mids make it terrible in band mix and only one You can do is boost volume and You get only wall of noise . Even in Sotoprince sample it sound like buzzsaw with weird scratchy sound in highs. Ok, everybody has different tastes but I like to hear guitar in live band mixes and 8100 just doesnt work. Sorry I piss on someones parade but praise of this amp is completely nonsense.

bubucci":2o68flfa said:
RaceU4her":2o68flfa said:
bubucci":2o68flfa said:

These unpleasant highs and absence of guitar mids make it terrible in band mix and only one You can do is boost volume and You get only wall of noise . Even in Sotoprince sample it sound like buzzsaw with weird scratchy sound in highs. Ok, everybody has different tastes but I like to hear guitar in live band mixes and 8100 just doesnt work. Sorry I piss on someones parade but praise of this amp is completely nonsense.

Either you can't relate to the context (as in don't like the type of music these are commonly used for), or you're an idiot

Someones different opinion in thread named Talk me (not)...is act of idiot ? Good to know for next time ??

Back