Rammstein: Richard Kruspe's Mesa Dual Rectifier rig

dm426

Okay, there's a lot of chatter on the Internet about Kruspe using rev C "pre 500" Mesa Dual Rectifiers, and those old heads being such a big part of Rammstein's signature tone. But these don't look like old Rectifiers to me.

So I guess a Rectifier is a Rectifier?

https://www.funksheet.com/2009/12/richa ... -2009.html

Richard_Kruspe_Rammstein_01.jpg

A lot of times, big bands like Rammstein will keep 2 rigs...one in the US and one in Europe. Also what they use in studio is different than their live rigs a lot of times.

Generally I try not to be an amp snob, but man I just could not dial in that generation of Recto. It ALMOST sounded good but I could not figure out how to turn the knobs just right.

Any Rev 2-channel or the new Multiwatt sounds good just with everything at 1:00. Saves so much headache getting one of those instead IME.

He keeps the good stuff in the studio. He has said exactly this in several interviews. Rev C Rectos are his bread and butter for recorded tones.

Okay, that makes sense. I didn't consider the studio aspect of it.

For people here, do you prefer 2 channel or 3 channel? Multi-watt? Triple Rectifier?

He has sold some through his Reverb store. I almost bought one but couldn’t justify the increase in price just because he owned it. The ones I saw were both Ds. One of them later was being sold here at RT. Their 2nd (Sehnsucht) 3rd (Mutter) and the Live in Berlin album all have fantastic tone for that type of thing.

dm426":3fxjthb0 said:

For people here, do you prefer 2 channel or 3 channel? Multi-watt? Triple Rectifier?
Of the versions I've tried the F Triple has a clarity that the other G versions do not have. I've only played one 3 channel and they paled to any 2 channel G. The Duals have a 'tubbiness' that the Triples don't have; so I'd stick with a Triple 2 channel G or F if you can find one. But a more cost effective way to get the early recto tone is finding a 2 channel G triple and sending it to Mike at Mesa for a Rev C mod.
That's my recommendation.
:rock:

Racerxrated":30p1pfjt said:
dm426":30p1pfjt said:

Of the versions I've tried the F Triple has a clarity that the other G versions do not have. I've only played one 3 channel and they paled to any 2 channel G. The Duals have a 'tubbiness' that the Triples don't have; so I'd stick with a Triple 2 channel G or F if you can find one. But a more cost effective way to get the early recto tone is finding a 2 channel G triple and sending it to Mike at Mesa for a Rev C mod.
That's my recommendation.
:rock:

Shhhhh.... That's topic secret info! Decoder rings... use your decoder ring! :yes: :D

dm426":2vwlg86s said:

Triple F, Rev C, or MW Triple.

NewWorldMan":2gn71wrb said:
He’s owned a lot over the years - Rev C, Rev D, Rev F, 3 channel models, etc.

I think he is down to 2 Rev Cs and a Rev E. I know he sold the 2 Rev Ds he had last year.

Certainly nothing in this life is static, so everything changes, but at one point in history this was the rig full of 2-channel Racktifiers:

Attachments

• Richard_Kruspe_Amp_Front.jpg
    Richard_Kruspe_Amp_Front.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 866
  • Richard_Kruspe_fx_rig.jpg
    Richard_Kruspe_fx_rig.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,278
I bought a Rev D off of him, so I know he has had older ones. That rack is a touring rig. I'd seriously doubt he'd take the old rectos out on the road. Those multi watters sound great, so for live, I doubt he misses the older ones all that much.

Live rigs <> studio setups

Back