Henrick Danhage Charvel

Mailman1971":2nwihq2i said:
I like relics. But this one doesn’t hit me.

It's a bit over the top on looks, but if it sounds and plays anything like the SC-1, I'm in.

Ya I’m more into the playability tone. Then looks.
Half my guitars are beat to shit. :LOL: :LOL:
I’ve owned Beautiful guitars. That wasn’t all that.

I really like the specs but the relic is way overdone.

I don't know why every Charvel with a non-recessed Floyd is a signature model, Custom Shop guitar or something with a bunch of weird features. It's so strange to me that a straight ahead, one pickup one knob, non-recessed Floyded super basic Charvel San Dimas is a Custom Shop exclusive.

Neck plate in the photos says made in mexico.

Maybe I’m getting old, but import guitars seem really expensive these days.

A little TOO relic'd..
I don't think Henrik's is THAT beat up. I do like his Charvel, but I'd be more inclined to buy one un-relic'd, honestly. I guess a push/pull switches pickups? Odd. I'd find a 3-way more useful. Guess there's no middle - just bridge or neck. I tend to like a middle position for some beefier jangle on cleans.

psychodave":1t6c466s said:
I like it but the price is crazy. $1,599.
:thumbsup:

The one relic that I've seen pics of that I'd love to copy, is the Joe Holmes strat. I saw one on Music Go Rounds used site last yr; looked identical almost and they wanted 500. By the time I was ready to buy it (1 hr later) POOF it was gone. Had an OFR too.
:doh:

napalmdeath":283ygiuq said:
A little TOO relic'd..
I don't think Henrik's is THAT beat up. I do like his Charvel, but I'd be more inclined to buy one un-relic'd, honestly. I guess a push/pull switches pickups? Odd. I'd find a 3-way more useful. Guess there's no middle - just bridge or neck. I tend to like a middle position for some beefier jangle on cleans.
It is the same. I just looked up a pic of him playing it in 2018 and it's identical from what I can tell.

Racerxrated":4dqhmi6r said:
psychodave":4dqhmi6r said:
I like it but the price is crazy. $1,599.
:thumbsup:

The one relic that I've seen pics of that I'd love to copy, is the Joe Holmes strat. I saw one on Music Go Rounds used site last yr; looked identical almost and they wanted 500. By the time I was ready to buy it (1 hr later) POOF it was gone. Had an OFR too.
:doh:

Which one? The Ozzy fork job?
I like Joe's Strats. His, Mick Mars, Dave Murray, they're the reason I ended up with the SC-1.
These are expensive for Mexico guitars.

mnemonic":1naltv5k said:
Neck plate in the photos says made in mexico.

Maybe I’m getting old, but import guitars seem really expensive these days.

I'm with you dude. I'm not trying to be an ass or a "get off my lawn" type of guy but you can get a custom-made Chubtone guitar for a few hundred more. I know companies have to make money and I am very understanding of that but sometimes it gets a bit out of hand.

I wish I could jump in a time machine and pick up some of the guitars I used to have. I had a Gibson Les Paul Studio (my first USA guitar) that I picked up new for $499 in a store back in 1992. I bought a USA Charvel San Dimas new in slime green from Curt (Chubtone) new back around 2008 for like $800-$900.

My Mexican Charvel San Dimas is amazing that I just got used. So they are amazing playing guitars, no doubt. Just hate how they add "signature" guitar and ramp up the damn price too much. LOL!

I missed out on the SC1 so this is one that I will for sure grab! I like it! I have always wanted an Ash body strat so this will be a bit different from what I have. Reverse all maple neck is a bonus!

Thx for posting!

:rock:

Back