This forum has been so helpful during the pandemic

Mailman1971":3u0lcz4q said:
Not as long as some folks. But this place has been my ‘escape’ from normal day things since 2008.
I find most my daily ‘problems’ aren’t just mine. But have had lot great discussions on here. This forum rules. :thumbsup:

A lot of us were nomads that came over from Harmony Central when it turned into a cesspool. LOL!!!

Yeah, totally can relate man. In 2017 I had a ton of really bad stuff going on, just piles and piles of misery. I could come on the forum and see someone post something like "My wife wants to kill me. Just bought a Diezel" and I would just laugh my ass off and would give me some balance. I'd say "Man, things are not that bad".

I think back in the day, people used to try to hide behind some online persona, etc. These days I think it is almost the opposite (at least on this site). I think over the years people are realizing they have more in common than they thought and even with people that are different, great to learn something new about a band, type of guitar, etc.

I’m maxed out gear wise.
Diezel herbert MkII
PRS Archon
Lots of guitars.
I’m just a hobbyist. :LOL: :LOL:

Older pic. Some the guitars I gave to my daughters. Sold.
Still got most of em. :D

Back on point. This place is my escape from normal sanity.

Attachments

• 22414B90-87FC-4FBA-A0A9-1982C2D96B92.jpeg
    22414B90-87FC-4FBA-A0A9-1982C2D96B92.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 237
This place is cool.

I admit that I sometimes liked to watch people lose their friggen minds here on political threads, but deep down I know they were stressing themselves out. It's def better without that angle.

Dan, thanks for the gear pic, but you know we really want to see your short shorts photo :D

squank":3b6km6qn said:
This place is cool.

I admit that I sometimes liked to watch people lose their friggen minds here on political threads, but deep down I know they were stressing themselves out. It's def better without that angle.

Dan, thanks for the gear pic, but you know we really want to see your short shorts photo :D

LOL, "short shorts"! :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah, unfortunately at Harmony Central I saw how bad political threads can get. On more than one occasion, I saw people threatening to kick someone's ass, etc. LOL! I hate to admit it but I lost my f'ing mind one time. Someone was throwing a Sept 11th conspiracy around and it was like someone flipped a switch in my brain and I turned into the Hulk (Hulk smash!!!). :D

As you get older, you start just blowing stuff off. Someone says something and you are like "dude, I've lost my hair, my bones ache, and had to eat two bowls of colon blow to be able to take a dump. Do you think I really give a crap?". LOL

Back