Axe-FX Setup

espdna

I'm just a bedroom player, and I rarely play anything above tv levels. I use to just run my axe-fx through my amp. I've since sold the amp. I've used headphones with the axe but absolutely hate it. Are there any decent sounding low volume options for me to play my axe-fx through? Sorry if this has been asked before.

What's your budget?

Also, do you prefer to play through a guitar cab in the room or a full range, flat frequency response system like studio monitors / PA speakers?

Can't you run it through studio monitors? Even KRK 6" would likly put out a good sound if it works with studio monitors.

espdna":2muuhb1s said:
I'm just a bedroom player, and I rarely play anything above tv levels. I use to just run my axe-fx through my amp. I've since sold the amp. I've used headphones with the axe but absolutely hate it. Are there any decent sounding low volume options for me to play my axe-fx through? Sorry if this has been asked before.

For home use low volume playing is active studio monitors best choise :thumbsup:

PreSonus Eris E35 3" Active Powered Studio Monitors Pair. $99 for the pair. Works? Sorry for the n00b questions, I've always just used a head & cab, never ventured out much past that.

Marshalll":1nc6a6c1 said:
espdna":1nc6a6c1 said:

For home use low volume playing is active studio monitors best choise :thumbsup:

I’ve got KRK 8’s, which have been nothing short of killer, and you can crank them up a bit if the spirit moves you.

I think the low end KRK shit has way too much bass. I’d look at the Kali LP series, cheap and get mostly great reviews. I’m on Adams myself but they’re around 1200-1500 a pair.

Oh and if you are using closed back headphones, scrap em and get some open back like the Senn HD600. Guitar sounds awful through closed back cans. You get more bleed into the room through open backs but it’s honestly not bad at all if volume is a problem.

swamptrashstompboxes":2olzw6dy said:
Can't you run it through studio monitors? Even KRK 6" would likly put out a good sound if it works with studio monitors.

This was my best solution when I was using mine all the time. I had FRFR but preferred studio monitors.

Back