Stereo distortion

It_is_I

Dear people,

I'm looking for a relatively good stereo distortion pedal. But it is very hard to find!
Are there any suggestions?

It has to be around mic / guitar signal level. If it's also applicable for line level audio, that would be great!
Offcourse I could by 2 times mono... But many distortion pedals are not cheap!

Some of you will probably ask... "why?"
To make use of stereo capabilities of a little invention I did. I found a relativly simple way to create a stereo
signal on the guitar, without just simply copying or altering the mono signal. So I adjusted my guitar to test out my idea. Thats all I can tell right now...

I'm also picking up guitar playing as a hobby, at the same time!

Thanks in advance,

Novardi

Edit: I like good sound and the specious abilities of HIFI stereo. So I also play my guitar Through my stereo! Reasons why i'm searching for a good relatively good Distorter with stereo capabilities.

I think some of the RAT pedals have two RAT circuits side by side. That may do what you want. But they are about as big as just having two normal RAT pedals.

It_is_I":hl85t40p said:
Dear people,

I'm looking for a relatively good stereo distortion pedal. But it is very hard to find!
Are there any suggestions?

It has to be around mic / guitar signal level. If it's also applicable for line level audio, that would be great!
Offcourse I could by 2 times mono... But many distortion pedals are not cheap!

Some of you will probably ask... "why?"
To make use of stereo capabilities of a little invention I did. I found a relativly simple way to create a stereo
signal on the guitar, without just simply copying or altering the mono signal. So I adjusted my guitar to test out my idea. Thats all I can tell right now...

I'm also picking up guitar playing as a hobby, at the same time!

Thanks in advance,

Novardi

Edit: I like good sound and the specious abilities of HIFI stereo. So I also play my guitar Through my stereo! Reasons why i'm searching for a good relatively good Distorter with stereo capabilities.

Interesting, I thought I was the only one that did this, haha. I have an old 70's Panasonic stereo head I play through 2 Panasonic HPM-150's with guitar (those 2 speakers are worth more than my entire guitar rig :LOL: :LOL: ). I love the clean tone you can get and the stereo spread. I would just be scared to put distortion through them, because of the tweeters and mid speakers. But I guess you could? As stated above I would go with some type of digital modeler if you were going to do that.

Dear people!

Sorry for taking so huge long!
I kept procrastinating because I did a lot of research, watching video's, looking thru specifications.

I was first in love with the EHX Big Muff Pi Deluxe! That 80's rock video with reverb from EHX, Rocked my soul!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdLvka7XP_0
But I needed two of those! And cables, and Powersupplies...

And while doing research on distorion, Fuzz and overdrive (didn't know there where distinctions between them!). I became aware of the way their Bussinessmodel works! For every soundeffect and every Subgenre a different model / pedal!

So essentially, the big muff had just some standard tone buttons, to make it a bit more apealing... But in the end, it was still a pedal only meant for the subgenre Fuzz! And without the reverb, it was nothing special!

So I stubled uppon: Ducetone Rat, Rat 2.0, Fender Puglist, mooer black secret, Other mooer distortion pedals, line 6 m5, line 6 dm4, Tc Electronic darkmatter, Gamechanger Audio Plasma, Behringers clones, and many others.. Some websites of the makers didn't even have specification!

But I was looking for something Versatile! Something that could go almost through all distortion genres! And not just A trebble and a base boost...
After this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxRe99Tjlwg

I was quite sure I found my dream distortion pedal! But ofcourse... The Metal Zone Mw-2.0 was out to better the mistake they once made...! But that price! 150 euro's! Insane! For just a tiny bit better pedal!
So I decided to go for the Old Boss Metal zone Mt-2! Bought 2 of them, one almost brand new! For just 110 euro's!

The only thing I'm missing yet is a pre-amp for my hifi set, so I could use it as the guy in the video did..!
But all the options it gives me! Another great buy I did!

And together with the Boss RV-500, I could even do more!

But than It wasn't finished yet..! I was not going to pay 30 euro per peace for several switching powersuppies or €60 atleast for a multi powersupply with serveral 9v and 12 volt outs... All based on switching... Not knowing how what the real quality is!

So I searched up some old school heavy transformers from my electronics collection, bought some power regulators / Ac to dc converters:
https://www.ebay.nl/itm/174216728866?ul_noapp=true
Now I'm building my own multi power unit for a lot less cost, and very high quality, probably lasting for atleast 5 to 10 years!
And I can always adjust the output voltage whenever It's needed!

Pfff! Finished typing!

Back