I wish I could replace my original album with this...

Lars was a dick...no doubt. the Blackened Records reissues on vinyl sound pretty good. Garage Days and Justice both have more bass than the originals. I bought the Mofi 45rpm Master of Puppets, but actually preferred the Blackened records reissue as well.

That’s pretty damn good. Not the ideal tone I would pick for that but still sounds better to me than the original album.

It's good. I agree with skoora, not sure that's the bass tone I would have picked, but it still works pretty well.

I still don't think the original album sounds nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Yeah, would have been good to have some bass in the mix, but the percussiveness of the guitar tone was so great, it kind of made up for it at least in part. When the album came out, I don't remember nearly as many people talking about it sounding so bad as in later years.

That said, this is still pretty cool :rock:

I fucking love Warwicks.

That's a killer vid and I get why, but the bass is cranked just a bit too loud. Just a pinch lower and it'd probably sit in well enough to still portray what it was meant to.

I love AJFA regardless. It's cold and to the point, which works perfectly for the songs themselves. I can't say I've ever listened to it and thought "Shit, I really wish I could hear the bass." That said, I wonder how much more badass it would have been had a bass been mixed in properly.

Breadfan and The Prince were recorded during the AJFA sessions with a different producer, Mike Clink. The bass is nice and loud in those mixes and I personally think it is James's greatest recorded tone. Apparently they hated it yet I wish the entire AJFA album had the production of those two tunes.

Back