MC2 50w Clone Build

bwgintegra":3ju091h0 said:
Made some good progress this week. Time to do some shielded wire and FS/switch function wiring

50356980323_9ce60ab192_b.jpg

50357842937_8203c83bf5_b.jpg

progress??? we dont care about progress!! we want the rock!!! bring forth the mighty wizard blitzkrieg, the wall of sound and that spectacular and magnificent tone!! we can wait no longer!! the time is now!

Amp is finished besides adding a pilot light and LND150 style effects loop. I owned a 50w Wizard MTL about 5 years ago and was not impressed, it was very noisy and bright. But.... this amp kicks some serious ass. Probably in my top three of high gain amps I've owned. I can now understand why people like this amp. It's really fun to play, punchy tight bottom end with just the right amount of aggressiveness. I will be posting some Ipad vids in the next couple days.

50377396192_d7696ae6ea_c.jpg

50376525408_b69f11335f_c.jpg

MetalHeadMike":2z794ulz said:
Nice Man! I'd love to hear it side by side next to an actual MCII. Wonder when Nick will have his available...I quit asking him for updates because I just decided to grab another Wizard MCII.

Edit: Not seeing a contour knob or brights?

The brights are on the front of the amp, the contour control is part of the NFB circuit. I currently have a fixed NFB but probably will add the contour.
On your MC2 did you find the contour useful or did you always have it at the same setting and what was the setting.

bwgintegra":2e0bvk84 said:
Amp is finished besides adding a pilot light and LND150 style effects loop. I owned a 50w Wizard MTL about 5 years ago and was not impressed, it was very noisy and bright. But.... this amp kicks some serious ass. Probably in my top three of high gain amps I've owned. I can now understand why people like this amp. It's really fun to play, punchy tight bottom end with just the right amount of aggressiveness. I will be posting some Ipad vids in the next couple days.

50377396192_d7696ae6ea_c.jpg

50376525408_b69f11335f_c.jpg

awesome man, well done!!

Here's some wankery I did between virtual home schooling my kids today. I plan I doing some more when I get time.

Damn. Nice job, that sounds pretty F'ing fantastic. Its got some of that Wizard magic pixie dust in there, once you hear it....

This gets 5 smiley horns :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

PDC":2fscp3hj said:
Sounds fantastic! Do you ever build these to sell them??

No I don't, I build and mod amps for fun. I do some work locally from just word of mouth, I don't advertise.

You can check out HeadFirstAmplification, that's where I got the PCB board.

Here are the current voltages

current voltages with tubes biased at 33mA

B+ 502
screens 498
PI 350
node 3 305
node 2 276
node 1 264

Holy hell man! That sounds fantastic! If I didn't feel like I had a few good years left in me, I'd take a stab at building one of these... as it is, I'd probably just blow my hands off or electrocute myself.

Back