Restoration $110 1980's Aria (FYI pic heavy)

skullfxr

I snagged this two days ago for $110 because i was bored and needed to do something. It is MIJ and from the mid 1980s and i figured it would be a good time. The frets were very worn, nut was in terrible shape and it needed some loving. all of which i can easily do. I figured that its cheaper than a pedal (which i REALLY REALKY do not need).

here are the pics, they are pretty explanatory. i rarely post NGD's because i hate uploading the pics, but i figured i would share this one.

8tSJ38Rl.jpg

rH57iDRl.jpg

y2stfVal.jpg

Xv9ijfWl.jpg

JBHJbIUl.jpg

TAfzEQel.jpg

HgoFAAgl.jpg

G9kewuBl.jpg

Vag9w9ql.jpg

lEgoHkWl.jpg

lEgoHkWl.jpg

hE6Ryo8l.jpg

GCEywVpl.jpg

Oml03M8l.jpg

vI5biaZl.jpg

zdbNa3sl.jpg

bsBbeSNl.jpg

There ya go!

Congrats dude! Nice work. :cheers:

I wish I had the skills and time to do what you do.

(I don't recognize you anymore with your new user name) :(

Pentatonic":1rb74wlw said:
Old Aria's are some of my favorite hidden gems. Are you going to do a full refret?

The guitar is awesome, and I love the neck. I like that the fretboard has a little bit of light flame on it too!

The only additional modification may be sanding down and doing an oil finish on the neck.

It's got enough life now, but it won't survive another leveling. So I will refret it then. When I do it will get SS frets, which I have actually done more of than NS as of recent.

311splawndude":38g4hri2 said:

Thank you very much. I am 8 months into my apprenticeship with a Master Luthier and have completed everything in the solid body realm. Now I am working on bracing and acoustic structural work until my experience is strong on that.

skullfxr":15eb8sjl said:
311splawndude":15eb8sjl said:

Thank you very much. I am 8 months into my apprenticeship with a Master Luthier and have completed everything in the solid body realm. Now I am working on bracing and acoustic structural work until my experience is strong on that.
Wow. That is really cool. Good on you man. Congrats :yes:

311splawndude":2y18e5o5 said:
skullfxr":2y18e5o5 said:
311splawndude":2y18e5o5 said:

Wow. That is really cool. Good on you man. Congrats :yes:

Thanks brother! :rock: :rock:

Looks like a solid player, and has a cool 80s shredder vibe.

I used to be really into old Arias and other Masumoku guitars. I'm not sure if that's a Matsumoku product, but it looks decent. There are some real gems out there.

ZEEGLER":bg91mgjk said:
Looks like a solid player, and has a cool 80s shredder vibe.

I used to be really into old Arias and other Masumoku guitars. I'm not sure if that's a Matsumoku product, but it looks decent. There are some real gems out there.

It's a fun one and for sure, I am not sure if this is a masumoku or not, but it plays well and has an exceptionally nice resonance to it. Great feeling guitar overall.

Thanks!

Nice work! Very impressive. I used to have one of those LONG ago...I traded it for a Charvel Model 5. Straight up. This was like 1988 or so...I won that trade. Although the Aria played and sounded nice.

Racerxrated":wwzndnuf said:
Nice work! Very impressive. I used to have one of those LONG ago...I traded it for a Charvel Model 5. Straight up. This was like 1988 or so...I won that trade. Although the Aria played and sounded nice.

Thanks! I love bringing the dead back to life lol. I have rehabbed a few guitars recently.

You definitely got the edge on that trade!

I still have to wire this one up, I am curious to hear how it sounds. It was gutted before I plugged it in. LOL

Back