RJM or CAE Line Mixer

ttosh

Which one is preferred? I want to use in a guitar rack on my wet signal, have the G Force into one channel, Eventide into another and the dry signal into another and mix them together, also being fed each one by GCX loops so each can be bypassed.

Also is there a good place to find the CAE or RJM Mixer on the used market. I do not mind buying new, but both seem hard to get new or used right now?

Digital Jams":22v6xclt said:
Well the RJM is about 1/2 the price which I like, nothing else to add as I have not used either one.

1206222491-e9a2ff9.jpg
$399

caelinemixercropped.jpg
(Old Black model, the newer ones are silver)

This is as good a pic as I could find of the back of the full rack space one for you: $499

DSC01810.jpg

Front Pic:

Mini%20Line%20Mixer%20Large.jpg
$209

Mini%20Line%20Mixer%20Back.jpg

So with the CAE can I connect 3 rack units and feed the mixer with a lineout and have each rack unit receive that line out or do I need to feed each rack unit with it's own input from another source and then direct the outputs from them into the mixer?

There has to be an easy way.

Digital Jams":ioawensu said:
So with the CAE can I connect 3 rack units and feed the mixer with a lineout and have each rack unit receive that line out or do I need to feed each rack unit with it's own input from another source and then direct the outputs from them into the mixer?

The way I am going to be doing it is feed the GCX with the line out, then send into each effects unit. So they can be bypassed with the GCX. Then each FX unit will go out stereo into one channel of the mixer. The mixer stereo out into a power amp and into 2 wet cabinets. This is being used only for the wet part of my system.

Hope that answered or helped answer your question.

ttosh":1dsv47lg said:
Digital Jams":1dsv47lg said:

The way I am going to be doing it is feed the GCX with the line out, then send into each effects unit. So they can be bypassed with the GCX. Then each FX unit will go out stereo into one channel of the mixer. The mixer stereo out into a power amp and into 2 wet cabinets. This is being used only for the wet part of my system.

Hope that answered or helped answer your question.

I saw that method in some drawings, on my list of options.

Thanks!

Digital Jams":279fv7lc said:

CAElinemixerschematic.jpg

Back