what gives VHT thier signature sound?

PeteLaramee":2gvr6uv2 said:
Capulin Overdrive":2gvr6uv2 said:
other than thier PCB's having cool stuff printed on them, i don't think that's it?

and not the cabs or KT-88's. i've had allmost a half dozen VHT's, but never had a one of thier cabs.

I know this is an old thread, but...
x1QOOlTMcIG4xcusXmBayFrnGSx_kpa4pOOU6vbmmFY.jpg

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Is that real?

Hilarious.

mhenson42":7a7c64ky said:
...And here I thought Splawn had the market cornered on “weird mids”
TBH, I don't think those Eminence Governors or Man-o-wars they put in their cabs help at all. JMO.

maddnotez":1bzfaep0 said:
PeteLaramee":1bzfaep0 said:
Capulin Overdrive":1bzfaep0 said:
other than thier PCB's having cool stuff printed on them, i don't think that's it?

and not the cabs or KT-88's. i've had allmost a half dozen VHT's, but never had a one of thier cabs.

Is that real?

Yes...it's real..lol!

Hilarious.

maddnotez":j2jcebnz said:
PeteLaramee":j2jcebnz said:
Capulin Overdrive":j2jcebnz said:

Is that real?

Hilarious.

Yes its real :LOL: :LOL:

CrazyNutz":28gxo5eg said:
maddnotez":28gxo5eg said:
PeteLaramee":28gxo5eg said:
Capulin Overdrive":28gxo5eg said:

Is that real?

Hilarious.

Yes its real :LOL: :LOL:

I now love my D60 100% more than I did before reading this.

I’m no technical guru, but I know my amp tones and I have always thought VHT’s have a bit of a high gain HiWatt vibe to their tone.

No other amp I’ve played has the vibe/ feel of a VHT/ Fryette.

To me, the Green channel on the CL series is THE VHT tone.

T

PeteLaramee":1becmync said:
Capulin Overdrive":1becmync said:

Heavy

I have no idea what makes the VHT amps feel and sound the way they do. I am just glad i got to try my first one because I instantly knew why some amps are better suited for me the second i got one. Some people "get" them,some dont. Few amps make me grin like a drunken fool the way the ultralead does.

Thats a tough one to answer.I know that when i can get the master on my clx up to 2 oclock,( must be the sweet spot)it just rips and the mids are good too.Lately ive been running the clx with my uber rev 2 in stereo.Man,what a sound!

Little B":1auuxgo9 said:
Thats a tough one to answer.I know that when i can get the master on my clx up to 2 oclock,( must be the sweet spot)it just rips and the mids are good too.Lately ive been running the clx with my uber rev 2 in stereo.Man,what a sound!
Damn. 2 of my favorite amps in stereo.

maddnotez":2f1vry12 said:
Little B":2f1vry12 said:
Damn. 2 of my favorite amps in stereo.
........ I know you know your bogner amps too ;)

One thing common on every VHT/Fryette schematic I've seen. There is a positive local feedback loop on the CF stage.

I might experiment with this.

Just an update far anyone who still cares. It's actually a negative feedback loop on the cathode follower stage (I mistakenly took it as positive).
I've experimented with it, and yes this plays a big role in that signature VHT/Fryette sound. This produces that dry, tight, and clear tone.

exo-metal":25aaok1l said:
Now this might be interesting...let us know more after you do!

I already experimented with it on my friedman clone. It made it have very similar characteristics to my 92 pittbull rhythm channel.

I kills a lot of gain as expected, but you can crank the gain knob to compensate. If it were to be made a permanent mod on a switch or something you could have the switch tweak the circuit for more gain when on.

Back