Matrix GT800FX Video Demo

Mark Day

Super light weight, tons of headroom, single rack space and sounds amazing with the AxeFx 2. Very impressed!

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for the nice video!
I would like to ad that the GT800 is:
- specially altered for the Axe-fx
- no tubes so no yearly cost for new ones
- very good connectivity
- evil redish glow on the inside
- class A/B
- etc

And also for other modelling solutions like Line6, Eleven Rack, etc. And adviced by DAR amps.

Hey Mark Cool Vid! Can you comment on how the amp responds while standing in front of the speaker cab. Alot of complaints about S/S power amps with my old mosvalve included is that the S/S amps seems to not have the punch of a tube amp.

How does this power amp punch with low end fullness compared to say your Suhr 100 watter?

I have not heard an H&H in person only what many have described as the only S/S power amp to have the punch and dynamics of a tube amplifier.

I am very interested in this power amp as well. But the low end doesn't seem to translate as well as your direct AxeFX clips using the cabinet simulation and such. I'm not feeling that punch when you chunk that E and A as in your other clips and the clarity doesn't seem to be there, do you know what I mean?

I actually can feel that simulated push with your AxrFx clips which is why I'm asking how it feels standing in front compared to the Suhr 100 watter you have. These clips seem a little fizzy from your direct AxeFX clips.

My old mosvalve 962 suffers somewhat from this as well I'm just curious if this amp can live up to the claim as being on par with an H&H power amp in the real world. I'm lookng to use it as a straight WDW power amp not with AxeFX.

Back