Suhr Bella or Badger 30?

thenewexhibit

Hey, everyone! Curious what you guys think would be a good option to go with. A little background, I ordered a PT-100 a bit ago and it's being shipped in a couple of days. Stoked!!!

That being said, I'm looking to get another amp that is a good pedal platform. I know this is supposed to be the Bella's bread and butter, but I've also heard that the Badger is a great pedal platform as well when set cleaner. I'm admittedly leaning towards the Bella because my thoughts are that the Badger 30 could be slightly redundant of the PT-100 in the sense that they both do british style gain (don't mean that in a bad way at all, as I'm sure they're completely different in terms of the british el34 voicing style of gain). Then again, the PT-100 clean is talked as being really great, and so is the Bella.

So, what do you guys think? None the less, I want to own both the Bella and the Badger up the road, but since I just bought the PT-100 not long ago, I can only get one, and it will be a while before getting the opposite amp, so I'd like to get the one that offers something more different. Like I said, the only thing having me lean towards the Bella is that the PT does rad british gain, and so does the Badger.

Thoughts?

Mike.

:rock:

The Aristocrats' first album was recorded by having a Badger 30 and a PT 100 in parallel. This was done with professional mixing, though.

I'd think the main difference between the Badger 30 and PT 100 is the clean channel on the PT 100. I also think the amps are voiced differently.

The Bella is the amp for pedals, I've heard. Also, the Suhr guys have been saying good things about it on its own. Check out Tone Talk when they had John Suhr and Pete Thorn as guests.

I'd call Suhr and chat with John, as both amps are killer; it's just a matter of what you want.

Back