How to Do Vibratos

For me it makes sense to bend and vibrato towards the centre of the neck. That is, pull E, A and D strings down and bend the bottom 3 up. I do find bending down easier 'though so I find myself wanting to go down with the G string also. B string not so much as amplitude is limited.

Hey Hovak, I wonder if you'd be interested in doing a vibrato video that covers bent-up vibrato. Any tips about not getting your finger/s to slide underneath adjacent strings would be helpful; I've always struggled with this. My skinny fingers have meant that I've always tried to get my guitars' action as low and possible to help avoid this, but with some guitars I can't get the action low-enough for reasons like slightly-bent necks and so on. Damned fingers slide under strings whenever I try to do an up bend. So frustrating!

I feel like I must be missing some trick or technique the pros use. Thanks man. Keep up the great work!

Monkey Man":1rv0pwnl said:
For me it makes sense to bend and vibrato towards the centre of the neck. That is, pull E, A and D strings down and bend the bottom 3 up. I do find bending down easier 'though so I find myself wanting to go down with the G string also. B string not so much as amplitude is limited.

Hey Hovak, I wonder if you'd be interested in doing a vibrato video that covers bent-up vibrato. Any tips about not getting your finger/s to slide underneath adjacent strings would be helpful; I've always struggled with this. My skinny fingers have meant that I've always tried to get my guitars' action as low and possible to help avoid this, but with some guitars I can't get the action low-enough for reasons like slightly-bent necks and so on. Damned fingers slide under strings whenever I try to do an up bend. So frustrating!

I feel like I must be missing some trick or technique the pros use. Thanks man. Keep up the great work!

Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate the feedback, it means a lot.

As you may have noticed, I do the vibratos exactly the same way, pull down everything above B string and push up the B and E strings.
As far as your problem goes, I don't really have a solution for that, other than maybe try to change your left hand position somehow, not sure how and maybe this is not a good idea at all, but I can't think of anything else, since I never had that issue myself. I'll try to do some research on that and come up with a solution for you.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Hovak,

Hovakimus":3iph8usb said:
As far as your problem goes, I don't really have a solution for that, other than maybe try to change your left hand position somehow, not sure how and maybe this is not a good idea at all, but I can't think of anything else, since I never had that issue myself. I'll try to do some research on that and come up with a solution for you.
Mate, you're a champion!

Thank you so much, bro'.

Back