Engl Fireball 100

savant421

I'll start by saying that I originally owned a PB (chrome face) and after getting my rocks off with Ch3, I quickly got bored with that amp. No apparent reason, but tried to track it and the Mesa Dual Recto on the other side absolutely smashed it in the face. Heard good things about the FB100 so I said WTF

Pay Close attention to what I'm about to say: The key to this amp is the mid boost function. If you have it disengaged you are MISSING OUT!
When I first got it, I plugged it in and thought it was a huge improvement over the PB but not mind blowing. I quickly noticed that the clean channel seemed to be much more shimmery, almost fender-like so huge improvement there. Onto band rehearsal....

Sounded pretty good thru a Marshall 412BV but once again not life altering by any means. Dicked around with it and engaged the mid boost function

WOW! What just happened?!! Cuts like a MF'er with zero mercy. Bad f#@kin ass! Some of the meanest, tightest gain I'd ever heard. WAY better than before. Other guitarist was shocked at the sound. Very blistering sound

Negatives I have on this amp are:
Amp can be a little dark so I had to almost dime the presence in order to get the high end that I like.
Noise gate can cut off your clean channel picking if you set it too high.
Can be pretty unforgiving to lead on

Would I buy this amp again? Absolutely! Plus the red LEDs behind the power tubes make it look mean onstage :gethim:

Yeah they are great amps. I had one when they 1st came out. Sold it to try something different.
Would I own another one? Sure....no questions or hesitations at all. :thumbsup:

I loved my Fireball....brutal and super simple to dial in....only "complaints" i had were that i wish it could be dialed in a tad brighter and I felt it needed more kids to make it a bit more versatile....other than that it was fantastic as a metal amp

I just picked up the Extreme Aggression Fireball 100. I have been a Diezel user for 8 yrs. Until I played the fireball. Literally blown away, tried it side by side herbert,same cab & Gtr. Just Wow.

It's nastier than herbert. I have noticed different pickups react diff with it. I also have a front loaded Engl Pro Cab. It's just an amazing amp with or without mid boost. Yet the mid boost is sweet option. It does hurl your tone thru the band mix.

Leads sound great, cleans are chimy, Gate is tight, loop works great. This is the most brutal amp I've heard !

cujo":1zuss1sx said:
I just picked up the Extreme Aggression Fireball 100. I have been a Diezel user for 8 yrs. Until I played the fireball. Literally blown away, tried it side by side herbert,same cab & Gtr. Just Wow.

It's nastier than herbert. I have noticed different pickups react diff with it. I also have a front loaded Engl Pro Cab. It's just an amazing amp with or without mid boost. Yet the mid boost is sweet option. It does hurl your tone thru the band mix.

Leads sound great, cleans are chimy, Gate is tight, loop works great. This is the most brutal amp I've heard !
:rock: :rock:

UberschallEL34":1sz937cq said:
Would this amp sound similar to Uberschall in terms of saturation and brutal kick to the throat gain?

No, Uberschall is way thicker & bigger sounding than the FB100. And that chewy saturated feel/tone that Uber owners love is not present in the FB100. FB100 gain is plentiful & killer in its own way, but it don't find much similar about the two amps.

dooredge":8l3ds14t said:
UberschallEL34":8l3ds14t said:
Would this amp sound similar to Uberschall in terms of saturation and brutal kick to the throat gain?

No, Uberschall is way thicker & bigger sounding than the FB100. And that chewy saturated feel/tone that Uber owners love is not present in the FB100. FB100 gain is plentiful & killer in its own way, but it don't find much similar about the two amps.

I disagree had an uber here. To me they are great till you crank em then they go to mush !

I definitely agree with (dooredge) with all do respect but for me comparing Bogner and DieZels to engl is a Sin.
How people can be blown by Engls and giving up DieZels?
I really don't know what to say.
Enjoy!!! :)

Back