Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Review

If you get a rec, you must get the dual. However that mini is exactly what you'd think it would sound like. Sounds great to me..

I owned it and it was packed with great tones.

BUT

the loop was so terrible that you couldn't a light delay on it....

ALSO

Too loud for your apartment and pretty limited for a loud rehearsal without mics

clark81":2xnp9iem said:

BUT

ALSO

Too loud for your apartment and pretty limited for a loud rehearsal without mics

I really can't imagine any tube amp working in an apartment

chrisrocksusa":36u90sqi said:
clark81":36u90sqi said:

BUT

ALSO

I really can't imagine any tube amp working in an apartment

I went for a mini-rectifier to a Peavy Vypyr to a Mark V. I sold the Mini-rec because I thought it was too much amp for me. :doh: Bought the Vypyr because I thought it would make me happy with it's amp modeling and effects, sold it because it lacked any umph. Got a Mark V and I've determined it's all the amp I'll ever need. :rock:

The mini-rectifier was a great amp. For such a small product it packed plenty of punch. The effects loop was a little weak. The quality of the amp was all Mesa, with the exception of the loop.

I love mine and the loop. Add an eq with level in the loop and it is perfect for at home playing.

The mini is good, just limited with the push, so it has an over saturation feel unlike any of the other recs, but I'm still keeping mine.

Back