LICKLITER XD100

dual lead

Lickliter XD100

Features: This is a 2 channel 100 watt amp head. Clean channel controls on the rear of the amp. High gain channel controls on the front. Tube buffered effects loop with send & return controls on the back. Powered by 4) EL34 tubes, 6) preamp tubes & has Mercury Magnetics transformer and choke. Everything is high quality top notch.

Sound: I love everything about this amp: the looks, the incredible craftsmanship, the tube fx loop & especially the sound! The clean channel has gain & volume control and can be setup for an extremely clean sound or a slightly gritty sound, kind of like an old Marshall Plexi amp. The EQ section works extremely well and can be dialed in with plenty of crisp brightness or mellowed out to sound less bright and warm.
But the gain channel is where it's at for me. I have had many modded Marshall's, a Wizard MC and a few Bogner's ,Diezels, Mesa's over the years. I think this Lickliter XD100 amp is 1 of the best hot rodded JCM800 sounding amps I have ever had the pleasure of playing through. It also has a clarity to it that puts it in the Wizard Modern Classic class. The gain knob on this channel suits me best around 1 o'clock. You can achieve over the top saturation if you really need it by turning it up around 3' o clock or so. I mainly play 70's, 80's & 90's hard rock / metal. This amp will cover a lot of hard rock & metal territory as well as having a 2-button footswitch to switch to the clean channel when needed and the footswitch also can turn the fx loop on & off.

I've had the amp for around 6 months and it is built so well inside & out, I do not see any reliability or durability problems.

I will probably add some more comments about this amp as time goes on. I'm sure I forgot a few things.
Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have about this amp. I would be happy to answer any questions. I am not 1 of those guys that does sound clips, sorry, but I can always give you my honest opinions and favorite speaker combos and stuff like that :)

Killertone did some great metal clips using this actual amplifier. You can always PM too for info or his view on the amp.

I bought the amp from bionicmark that was in touch with Mike at Lickliter amps during the making of this amp. You can always touch base with bionicmark too for his take on this amp. I do know most of the info though as I have been filled in by all parties.

This amp is also kind of similar to a Cameron CCV in sound. I have only played a CCV a couple times and that was a few years ago, but I do know that Mark had Mike base the overall sound on a CCV but without all the toggle switches. The 6 preamp tubes really provide a true tube preamp sound that is truly wonderful sounding to my ears!

The XD100 really is a great build. Sorry about the GAS.
I like the rubber non-skid feet on this amp better than any of my other amps, the way the chassis mounts in the headshell even is really nice. I swear every detail is top notch on this thing. The black headshell with silver trim looks awesome too!
I also forgot to mention above that this amp has a good master volume (output) , around 9 o'clock is fairly loud and band practice level, but it has a fairly smooth taper and isn't cranking loud on .5 like most older JCM800's. And the fx send and return levels make the amp really easy to play at low home volumes, as you can use these controls like an attenuator.
I like this amp more and more every time I play through it.

Randy,
Thanks for the great review. I am glad you are enjoying it! It is a great sounding amp! Thank you Jason for an awesome demo!

Back