Rhodes Artemis

Justinreagin

So, after owning a Marshall Zw 2203, a couple Dual Rectos, a mini recto, a 6505+, a JCM900, a Blue Voodoo, a bogner, and few others, i wound up ordering an Artemis from Kyle over at Rhodes Amps, I waited a bit for the build to occur and received my amp in December. This thing is mean. Three channels with several different modes and options. I chose the model with a clean, crunch, and lead 1 channel, along with Midi. Channel 1 manages what might be the nicest cleans of any channel switcher that I have played. Full and rich, and with the added options of bright or fat, plus individual controls for each channel, plenty of flexibility. Channel 2 is crunch, taking things from light breakup, up to your Back In Black crunch, or even heavier, can also clean up pretty nicely with the volume knob. The Lead 1 Channel is Mesa-ish, but better. Tons of sustain and balls, 4 separate modes, each offering more girth than the prior. Little noise, mucho loud, dual master volumes make it nice for boost or cut. Very pleased with this beast. Well worth the investment, and makes me glad I didn't go with another "household name". Pure class and quality.

Back