Anyone want to be a part of the PUP shootout?

sebby123":3h64yh7b said:
Valtiel":3h64yh7b said:
sebby123":3h64yh7b said:
All i could find if anyones intreasted:

Gibson 57 - 15K - Alnico 2
Suhr SSH - 17K - Ceramic
Gibson Burst Bucker - 8.5 K - Alnico 5
Suhr Aldrich - 17.5 K - Alnico 8
Bareknuckle Rebel Yell - 14.5 K - Alnico 5
WCR Iron man - 22 K - Alnico 5
MCP - Solution - 17.8 K - Alnico or Ceramic
Pearly gates - 8.52k - Alnico 5
Wolf tone - 9K - Alnico 5
Dark burst - 8.3-8.5k - Alnico 2
BBQ - 12.5K - Alnico 5
Afwayu - 16.1 K - Alnico 5
Filmore - 13.5 K - Alnico 4
Godwood - 9.55K - Alnico 2
JB - 16.4K - Alnico 5
498T - 14k? - Alnico 5
Super D - 13.68K - Ceramic
Holmes - 8.0-8.5K - Alnico 2

Are you sure that the Suhr SSH has a ceramic mag? I thought they all used Alnico 5. :confused:

I reasearched them all cermaic is what everyone said about it i could be wrong though

You researched all of 'dem 'dere 'cermaics'?

Got a cool vid of yesterday but I'm having trouble uploading to youtube. Anyone good at youtube? Call me
818 259 0190

jmgman69":vh3j4fil said:
BlissBoy":vh3j4fil said:
James Lugo":vh3j4fil said:
BlissBoy":vh3j4fil said:
LOL....Jesus!! 3 pages in!! My god!! That Proto will be there on tueday : )

What proto?

https://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t14/ ... G_0484.jpg

I'm not responsible for any damage to your wrists, fingers, walls, lights, etc- Be forwarned , this is not for the faint at heart.....
Wade WTF is that???? :shocked: I think I might want one :D

Thats been in storage for a bit....its totally not finished at all. I sent that for fun really- Sadly, I would'nt sell it to ya brother. Ideally, I wanted to borrow some ears and get some feedback is all-

johnnyjellybean":37lqkpan said:
So what was the final count and how's about a little feedback? C'mon ...where's the vid?

The vid is loaded on youtube doing the final processing. I'm trying so hard not say anything until I post the clips... :no:

Hey everyone, we're done I'm cleaning up and bouncing music and uploading audio and video. We didn't get to everything, it just got to late but we did do I think 23 pups. I made sure I did at least one pup from everyone that sent one. I should have everything up soon and then I have to go home and sleep, this has been insane to say the least. Pete Thorn came by to lend his ears to the shootout.... Now dig it! lol

IMG_2077.jpg

jmgman69":3ob1dbcm said:
Second degree,here I come :rock:

Jason, you'll love it man, it's not too hot but it sure does sing and has a real nice bite to it. Amazing cleans too, and I could hear that in the clips.

James and all, thank you sooo much for all that hard work in the shoot-out. I listened to every clip front to back. So far my favorites from the clips are Afwayu, 2nd degree blackbelt, WCR Ironman, Wolfetone Marshallhead and Bareknuckles Rebel Yell in that order. The MCP and Wolfetone had a noticeable advantage in clarity over the others I thought. The Ironman sounds awesome for the heavy stuff. Didn't like the Aldrich as much as I thought I would :confused:

Looking forward to the next batch! :rock:

Great Stuff James and fellow tone heads! :rock: I see that a few were uncovered and some were covered. Anyway you can describe which ones where covered and which ones where not?

Kudos to all the pickups here. They all sounded good in their own ways and for certain things! :thumbsup:

Thanks

I am going with this is one of the best things I have found on a forum.
You did a great job. Better than I could hope for.

Thanx you very much James and all that helped.

James is definitely the man!! :worship:
That's a hell of a thing you did there, man.
Thanks! :rock:

On a slightly different note -
The Afwayu & Rebel Yell belong to me.
We're trying to get into a house and all my guitars(except the GMW), and my amp are for sale.
Long story short, I won't have anything to put those pickups in, so they're for sale.
$85 shipped for each one.

Back