Anyone want to be a part of the PUP shootout?

Walker pickups arrived.

IMG_2054.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

the sight of that makes me drool... I wish I was teching this session!!!

damn being a country apart!

can't wait to hear the results

Brae

eternal_idol":2dnqlrly said:
the sight of that makes me drool... I wish I was teching this session!!!

damn being a country apart!

can't wait to hear the results

Brae
My thoughts exactly :rock:

Went ahead and shipped the Pearly Gates. Check your email. The leads are a little short you'll probably have to splice some extra length on.
Aloha, Rob

James, this is very cool of you! Great idea! Thanks for doing this. :yes: :thumbsup:

rock.gif

No DiMarzio's? :aww: People slam DiMarzio's all the time with some real hatred, or at least some cork-sniffin' snobbery IMO; it would interesting to see how they compare to the boutique brands that are hand wound ( on the thighs of virgins :LOL: :LOL: ) D Activator Bridge and X2N would be my first choice (I have D Activators, thinking X2N for my bridge?) followed by... Super Distortions, Tone Zone, Super 2's / 3's, Evolutions, etc. Any chance? I'm no tech, and the only set I have is in my Iceman.

Looking forward to the results of your most excellent effort to shootout pickups!

rsm":1kwxt82s said:
James, this is very cool of you! Great idea! Thanks for doing this. :yes: :thumbsup:

rock.gif

No DiMarzio's? :aww: People slam DiMarzio's all the time with some real hatred, or at least some cork-sniffin' snobbery IMO; it would interesting to see how they compare to the boutique brands that are hand wound ( on the thighs of virgins :LOL: :LOL: ) D Activator Bridge and X2N would be my first choice (I have D Activators, thinking X2N for my bridge?) followed by... Super Distortions, Tone Zone, Super 2's / 3's, Evolutions, etc. Any chance? I'm no tech, and the only set I have is in my Iceman.

Looking forward to the results of your most excellent effort to shootout pickups!

Someone contacted DiMarzio and told them about this but they never contacted me. Either way this is gonna shred. I've been playing the WCR Fillmore all day in my Goldtop, absolutely stunning sounding and the MCP Afwayu in my black Standard another great heavy pickup. Seems a bit more open then my Aldrich but can't tell for sure because I swapped out the pots and wiring for the WCR stuff. So the playing field is not even yet because I heard the Aldrich in the black Paul when it had the stock Gibson pots. But come Tuesday of next week we will know!!! :rock:

stephen sawall":2boow0a1 said:
How are you going to do this in two days ?

Cool gigs you have been getting.

I figure we can do 2 an hour and we have about 25 pups to do. It's doable, not easy but doable if everyone on board stays focused. We are all producers and session musicians so working and playing under pressure is a daily thing, Honestly we don't have any other choice, it took a crowbar for me to wedge this time off in my studio and I leave the end of that week for Europe, so we gotta do it.

James Lugo":13lfb982 said:
stephen sawall":13lfb982 said:
How are you going to do this in two days ?

Cool gigs you have been getting.

I figure we can do 2 an hour and we have about 25 pups to do. It's doable, not easy but doable if everyone on board stays focused. We are all producers and session musicians so working and playing under pressure is a daily thing, Honestly we don't have any other choice, it took a crowbar for me to wedge this time of my studio and I leave the end of that week for Europe, so we gotta do it.

Very cool.
I geuss I was thinking of me and my friends. ;)

Just got a pair of Zebra colored pups in guitar pedal box shipped to me. The pickups aren't labeled, not sure which ones. Maybe the Darkbursts?

Anyone from here send them?

???

No one offered one up and it's so late now. But I did pull off the JB everyone wanted... Do I get brownie points. :D

Back