87 Marshall JCM800 50 watt Jose Mod

The Fight

Hey guys!
I thought I'd just post my awsome 87 jcm 800 the early Voodoo Amps San Jose mod. It's seen some serious playing time. Iv never had any trouble with it.

I usually run it through a Marshall b cab loaded with Ev12Ls. My effects are usually a Fulltone wah into a Keeley modded SD and all tied in with a Gibson ZW.
The only thing I wish I had on this amp, was a effects loop. I'm not sure if I can still get one seeing that the circuit board is covered with epoxy, being an early model.

All in all I love this amp and it's been faithful! :rock:

Qngjn4e.jpg
jTsWkpO.jpg

Wow that amp goes back a ways! (lol) I just got with Trace & as you can see from the Mod Sticker we used to have an AOL email account, which we switched away from circa the first quarter of 2000 & we also made new Mod Stickers to reflect that. Trace said he would estimate that you have a very early 'Hex' circuit in your amp. Additionally you literally have one of the very last amps containing epoxy. According to our records we've rebuilt all but 2 amps & one was in a few months ago for service but the customer wanted to leave it as is as he did now want to alter it. He still gigs & records with it.

FX-Loop - We can install an FX-Loop & are happy to do so. Give us a call regarding the FX-Loop at (607) 256-0465 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm EST / NY time. So you are aware, we do have an ice storm we are contending with today & we're not sure how long we can stay at the shop but we're hanging in as we can :)

Thanks!
Cindy

Back