AC/DC - Trace Davis On The Road & Back!

voodooamps

As posted on Facebook, Social Media & our Website;

Jan 16th, 10:12am - Hittin' The Road with AC/DC - I will be going the road for a couple weeks to work on amps for the up coming AC/DC tour. I am deeply honored & extremely grateful for the opportunity to work with one of the most iconic & legendary rock bands of all time. Many thanks to those who recommended me & a heart felt thank you to all of you who have continued to support us over the years. As always please feel free to share our posts as you like. - Thank you one & all, Trace Davis - President / Founder Voodoo Amps

ACDC%20Albums%20Angus%20Small.png

Feb 5th, 12:33pm - Update - Good morning to you from Las Vegas! Just got some coffee & getting ready to head to the venue here in sunny Las Vegas where AC/DC's playing tonight. I was extended a bit for the tour but it looks like I'm flying home tomorrow & will be back in the shop with the crew on Monday morning! Have yourself a great Friday & a relaxing weekend. More to follow shortly! - Trace Davis, President / Founder

From Trace Foster's Facebook Feb 9th 8:39am
"Always great to see Trace Davis from Voodoo amps, we salute you!!!!!!!"
Greg%20Howard%20Trace%20Foster%20Trace%20Davis.png

Feb 11th, 2016 8:58am - Back In The Shop! - I was extended for few more days on the AC/DC tour but flew in early Wednesday morning & was in the shop all day yesterday. The entire crew was among the best I have ever had the pleasure to work. Special thanks to Trace Foster (Angus' Tech), Greg Howard (Stevie's Tech), Tim 'Grape' Mattefs (Cliff's Tech), Richard 'Dickie' Jones (long time Drum Tech), Paul 'Pab' Boothroyd (FOH), Sara Full, Pete Merluzzi, Cozmo Wilson, Jon Lewis, Super Chris, Opie, Jake Berry, Maurice Johnson, Lorraine Harvey, Tudy Martinez, Andrew 'Dead Shot' Bongardt & everyone else who is a part of making such an incredible production happen every day!

A strong cup of coffee in one hand, soldering iron in the other & back to work I go! I don’t get to check in here often as I would like so please have a great day & remember to do a kindness for someone along the way - Trace Davis, President / Founder

Sooooooooooo cool. I hope you head out again, when they come through Michigan next month would be good.

Did you wind up getting some of those caps?

george

That is way cool Congrats. :rock:
Did Rick decide to take a break or focus more on Wizard amps Trace?

Velvetgeorge":1h6hgmc0 said:
Sooooooooooo cool. I hope you head out again, when they come through Michigan next month would be good.

I'm not certain if I will be out for the Michigan show but if I am I will most certainly text you before hand :)

Velvetgeorge":1h6hgmc0 said:
Did you wind up getting some of those caps?

george

I did not as there wasn't enough time but I do have several more amps coming to the shop & I am planning on securing some so I can do some A/B comparisons with others I've ordered in. As you know spec sheets are all well & good but often times what's on paper verses what you hear & feel can be very different from one another. Real world playing & listening is what most interests me, its the art of how things feel in your hands as much as how it sounds to your ears. I'm all about the art of this & I know you are as well.

Stay warm out there in Michigan, it's -9 degrees F here right now with a windchill factor of -21 F (brrrr--lol) This is way different than the weather I was experiencing on tour but we do live in Upstate NY & the winter has been pretty mild until now :) Its always good to talk you & feel free to call me any time my friend!

Have a great Sunday!
Trace Davis, President / Founder

glip22":39s1abal said:
That is way cool Congrats. :rock:

Many thanks Glip, I greatly appreciate the kinds words & the support :)

glip22":39s1abal said:
Did Rick decide to take a break or focus more on Wizard amps Trace?

Respectfully I can only speak to my own experience. I will be honest in that working on amps for AC/DC has always been on my bucket list as I grew up listening to AC/DC, played many of their songs in bands I had been in & they've always had great guitar tone throughout their entire career. When I was asked if it was something I would be interested in doing, I naturally replied with a resounding yes! (lol) They are one of the most respected rock bands ever & have stood the test of time, all with good reason. It has been on of the great honors of my life to not only work on the amps but also to get to know everyone involved, truly & sincerely.

With respect;
Trace Davis, President / Founder

Back