Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Thu, Dec 05, 2019 10:59am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 12, 2019 2:00pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Walked into GC Saturday and low and behold the 100 DLX was sitting there on top of a brand new Friedman 4x12.

For reference, I still have a 2017 BE100 / 2018 BE50 DLX / JJ100 and I've had the Slax. I know these amps pretty well.

I, for one, am not planning to get a 100 DLX as I'm happy with the JJ100 right now. That said...

Hell. Fuggin. Yeah. BE100 DLX is really awesome. It has everything i wanted to mod/add in the BE100. The biggest features for me are, and in order...

1) Thump with Frequency Knob. My favorite is Freq: Left. That's that deep, JJ/Slax gut punch.
2) Smallbox Plexi
3) Feels like a more aggressive BE and HBE Channel in general. Can anyone confirm this or that Dave tweaked? Maybe it was just my ears on the day.
4) Response switch, middle position.... If anyone tries this and still feels the Friedman's or BE100 DLX does not have enough 'raw mids/Marshall type buzzsaw cut' I don't know what else you would need. It's crazy in your face.

The Frequency and Response knob are NOT subtle. They make a very marked difference to sound, feel, and tone. Many options. You can get it very bright and aggressive, in your face.

Do you NEED to dump your other Friedman's, that's up to you. But If you have the chance, go play one. Dave did a great job, as always.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 13, 2019 12:09am 
Hack

Are you human?: 951
I like your review. But no one is gonna tour with just songs from one album. Most of her tours are named after an album, but she always also sang songs from other albums.

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 13, 2019 8:02am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

KamGact wrote:
I like your review. But no one is gonna tour with just songs from one album. Most of her tours are named after an album, but she always also sang songs from other albums.

WTF. ...We need to update the SPAM blocker on this board.

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 17, 2019 4:09pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
Walked into GC Saturday and low and behold the 100 DLX was sitting there on top of a brand new Friedman 4x12.

For reference, I still have a 2017 BE100 / 2018 BE50 DLX / JJ100 and I've had the Slax. I know these amps pretty well.

I, for one, am not planning to get a 100 DLX as I'm happy with the JJ100 right now. That said...

Hell. Fuggin. Yeah. BE100 DLX is really awesome. It has everything i wanted to mod/add in the BE100. The biggest features for me are, and in order...

1) Thump with Frequency Knob. My favorite is Freq: Left. That's that deep, JJ/Slax gut punch.
2) Smallbox Plexi
3) Feels like a more aggressive BE and HBE Channel in general. Can anyone confirm this or that Dave tweaked? Maybe it was just my ears on the day.
4) Response switch, middle position.... If anyone tries this and still feels the Friedman's or BE100 DLX does not have enough 'raw mids/Marshall type buzzsaw cut' I don't know what else you would need. It's crazy in your face.

The Frequency and Response knob are NOT subtle. They make a very marked difference to sound, feel, and tone. Many options. You can get it very bright and aggressive, in your face.

Do you NEED to dump your other Friedman's, that's up to you. But If you have the chance, go play one. Dave did a great job, as always.

Cheers.

Great review! I had the chance to A/B one next to my Butterslax and found i still prefer the feel and sound of my Slax for aggressive metal. With that said i feel the DLX is an incredible amp that really impressed me alot!

VHT Ultra Lead master built ( modded ) KT88's
Friedman Butterslax EL34's
Diezel Einstein ( modded ) EL34's
Germino Headroom100 ( modded ) EL34's
Custom cabs with modded UK vintage 30's

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 18, 2019 1:00pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

DragonCrestPC wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:

2) Smallbox Plexi

Cheers.

Great review! I had the chance to A/B one next to my Butterslax and found i still prefer the feel and sound of my Slax for aggressive metal. With that said i feel the DLX is an incredible amp that really impressed me alot!

Nice review gooch.
Thanks for killing the gas DragonCrest, I was curious on this one

AMPS: Fortin Cali #23 / Bogner Uberschall / Mesa JP2C & Dual-Rec MW
CABS: Friedman 412:15 / Bogner UberKab 412FL / Avatar Custom FL412 / Diezel FL412
LEFTY AXES: Mayones / ESP / Bunkman / Fender / Ovation USA