My modded Friedman, best amp I have played!!

mooncobra

I got an SS100 a while back, and while it was a great amp, but I wanted a bit more punchiness and tightness. So, I sent it back to Dave and told him I wanted it more like a BE and JJ combined or something along those lines. I got the amp back, and it ROCKS. The boost on the SS is now the HBE and I also got the negative feedback control as well as a SAT switch. Its been about 7 or 8 months since I got it back, and it is straight up AWESOME!! Every guitar I have played through it sounds and feels great. Most amps I have played like some pickups and others not so much. Whatever I throw at this amp always works, its really incredible. I have owned pretty much every amp out there (Diezel, Cameron, Masotti/Mezzabarba, Bogner, Mesa Boogie, Wizard(although only had a MC1 and have not tried the MCii yet), Splawn, Marshall, etc.) and this amp is head and shoulders above the rest. It cleans up really well, and if you choose, the clean channel is also great. I have zero complaints about this amp, and I would not change a thing. I play mostly harder rock, and this amp does it very well. Viva la Friedman!

Awesome, Congrats! Sounds like one heck of an amp :rock:

I don't think I could ever use the phrase "it's the best amp I've ever played." For me, some are better than others due to a particular characteristic or feature. There are some that definitely stand tall above all the rest no doubt there, but once you get into that caliber of amp, I feel most at that point are just variations on a great theme. I played the MCII for like 3-4 hours yesterday and then plugged into the MW Dual Recto and thought....god dam this Mesa is almost every bit as bad ass as the Wizard, just in a different way.

Back