Getting thick in here

GOHOINC

After swapping my Betty head for a BE100, I was able to find my way into Betty combo. Now I just need to "find" a matching cab for the JJ and I think Im done. ;) ;)

Cotr7Ti.jpg

GOHOINC":1gi19y8q said:
After swapping my Betty head for a BE100, I was able to find my way into Betty combo. Now I just need to "find" a matching cab for the JJ and I think Im done. ;) ;)

Cotr7Ti.jpg
How’s the Friedman 2x12 compare to the Bogner?

LP Freak":wbcdxt3q said:
How’s the Friedman 2x12 compare to the Bogner?

Both great, just a bit different.

I was running the Friedman, along with the white Bogner, under the JJ for a while and using the comet Bogner under the BE100. When I swapped the Friedman to sit under the BE and moved the second Bogner under the JJ the output tone certainly changed. That being said, the Bogners both have a mix of speakers. Both have a V30 and the white cab also has an alnico cream, the comet cab has a heritage 65, the Friedman has the stock V30s. So the tone change is just as likely due to the speaker difference as it is the cab difference.

I prefer the 2 Bogners under the JJ vs. the 1 Bogner and 1 Friedman setup. The low end thump with both was awesome but depending on the guitar I was using it could be a little too dark sounding with the Friedman in the stack. The 2 Bogners have all the thump in the world but it doesnt sound muddy no matter what guitar I am using, again this is likely speakers. On the BE side the Friedman sounds better to my ears than the Bogner did, again likely speakers, the Friedman cab sounds a little smoother under the BE than the Bogner did.

Now I want to try the Alnico cream cab with the BE as well.

Back