Fat Switch...

Junk Yard Dog

I've started to use the Fat Switch and noticed that if I run the Bass and Thump just right, it will make the amp seem punchier and tighter than without it. Especially at lower volumes. Again, the key is to keep the Bass lower and the Thump a little higher.

Anyone else use the Fat switch for this reason? It gives the 50watt a 100watt like punch.

Cheers.

Any chance you could make a clip of how you use this setting? I've been wondering if the 50 Deluxe could pull off what you are describing. It's the one factor that has me torn between buying one or holding out for the 100 Deluxe.

If you could post a clip, I'd really appreciate it!

I suck at clips and I don't think you'll hear it in the clip the way you will in the room. But I'll say this...I had the Slax at the same time and my buddy and I compared the two. The BE50 with Fat on and tailor the Thump and Bass to taste made it punch almost as hard and immediately as the Slax. It wasn't suble. Fat really makes a difference. The BE50 can get you that 100w chest thump with Fat and it just gets better as you increase the volume.

Back