BE50 - BE100 - Slax - JJ - SS - SB: Fave & Why

Junk Yard Dog

Who's compared all of these? Where did you land and why?

If you've compared all of them, which do you prefer and why, based on what you do, i.e. metal for large live venues, or whatever.

I thought it might be cool to have a thread comparing all of them in one place.

Sorry, I did not include Runts or PT's in this one. Strictly the bigger brothers.

JJ for the win.

It's the best total package offered. Until we see a footswitchable four channel model with betty, shirley, jbe and slax there can be none better...

GOHOINC":29tagh06 said:
JJ for the win.

It's the best total package offered. Until we see a footswitchable four channel model with betty, shirley, jbe and slax there can be none better...
Nah, more like the BE50 for the total package

LP Freak":hg4rg6br said:
GOHOINC":hg4rg6br said:
JJ for the win.

Nah, more like the BE50 for the total package

Never played the 50, based on my experience with the 4 I have JJ is best total package.

Be100, anything else is an example of this with more or less of something. Or perhaps more vintage or more modern. The sigs are cool but I like the Friedman fingerprint. If I were lucky enough to own a sig I'd want my stamp or ideas on it. Pipe dream of course , but hey why we are mentioning favorite* I cant imagine not wanting to own all of them if reality allows it..

Does anyone know if the BE100, newer ones made in 2017 or 2018, use DC Heaters for a lower noise floor?

Also, has anyone compared the BE and HBE channels between the BE50 and the BE100? Are they roughly the same or does one have more gain over the other?

Junk Yard Dog":tid03skn said:
Does anyone know if the BE100, newer ones made in 2017 or 2018, use DC Heaters for a lower noise floor?

Also, has anyone compared the BE and HBE channels between the BE50 and the BE100? Are they roughly the same or does one have more gain over the other?
I thought there was as a vid where Dave mentioned a newer or slightly different voicing and more gain for the be50 or something of the sort. The heaters I thought were upgraded before 2017 but I could be wrong. My hbe channel on an updated 2014 has a great noise floor. On hbe there is some hiss but nothing I would want a gate for or anything, I usually switch channels if its idle just to silence any hiss on any amp. For the amount of gain and tone the hiss/noise was never a thought for me. JMO of course. I think I also heard/read the bedeluxe has a tad more gain? Do not quote me on any of this, my memory is good but you know how these shredders be :D

Junk Yard Dog":358kr0pb said:

BE100 has used dc heaters on v1,v2,and v3 for quite some time now, probably since 2013/14

HBE on BE100 vs BE50 dlx is different.

BE100 HBE has more gain, it's basically two BE stages cascaded.

The HBE on the BE50dlx is basically a fenderish gain stage in front of the BE.

And the BE mode on the BE50 dlx has a little more gain than the BE mode on the BE100

Back