Eurotubes JJs

Beandust

Anyone every try these? I know JJ el34s got a bad rap with ARS as unreliable as well as the Tads. Curious about Euro tubes as dude mentioned on phone he would guarantee me a quad of JJs for 6 months.. I have seen the happy post about the EH brand being good. Wanted to try the Genelax kt77s but haven't read anything where anyone was overly impressed how they sounded in the BE100..

I have a quad of Gold Lion kt77's, they don't sound that great in a BE100. Also they are not very hardy, as they have developed the rattles, and have gone WAY out of match from one another. I expected much better out of them for the cost. They are good for hifi equipment where they wont take much abuse, not for guitar amps IMO.

As for the JJ's, really still my favorite for the BE100, and if you get a 6 month warranty, sounds like a winner.

Thanks for the info CN.. wow on the Genelax. I tried a duet of them in a smallbox and I actually got good results, of course it's a totally different amp and the amount of bass and headroom could be the reason. I am not tech savy so maybe my terminology and experience was pot luck. They were tubes i pulled from a Hagan so they definitely were good and broken in. However I will definitely take advantage of your findings and stay clear of the Genelax , as u mentioned they are freaking pricey. Hoping maybe someone has tried the Euro branded JJs before I try them. Dave has never mentioned trying them even tho he buys in massive quantities it seems there may be a reason i am unaware of.. or not.. the 6 month could be a line of bait. But i imagine they definitely cover that streach. I am hoping for a good sound. Shit I'd take 3 months if they sound really good... thanks for the info , its greatly appreciated

I've had JJ in every amp I've owned over the last 10-12 years and never had an issue. I never actually bought them specifically; just so happens that all the amps I've purchased over the last decade have had JJ in them. They include(d) JJ 6550, EL34, KT77, 6L6GC, and E34L.

MetalHeadMike":1y7qyuy5 said:
I've had JJ in every amp I've owned over the last 10-12 years and never had an issue. I never actually bought them specifically; just so happens that all the amps I've purchased over the last decade have had JJ in them. They include(d) JJ 6550, EL34, KT77, 6L6GC, and E34L.
Very cool. Have any of them been Eurotubes branded JJs? If so which amp? I've used them but not the JJs or the EL34s. Thanks again

Beandust":28jlt8r9 said:
MetalHeadMike":28jlt8r9 said:
Very cool. Have any of them been Eurotubes branded JJs? If so which amp? I've used them but not the JJs or the EL34s. Thanks again

I think most all of them were from Eurotubes. Have them currently in an Uberschall, Wizard MCII.

MetalHeadMike":wxim2q98 said:
Beandust":wxim2q98 said:
MetalHeadMike":wxim2q98 said:

I think most all of them were from Eurotubes. Have them currently in an Uberschall, Wizard MCII.
Very cool!! Thanks man. I'm in

LP Freak":owfsjuxo said:
I’m sold on the EH. They’re cheap and sound fantastic.
Dont laugh but the cheap scares me. That and the fact I had a set of 6ca7s last about a month and took on this horrific rasp but no other problems. Swapped them and back in business. Wasnt a be100 tho. Thanks LPF

Beandust":slqt4pwb said:
LP Freak":slqt4pwb said:
Dont laugh but the cheap scares me. That and the fact I had a set of 6ca7s last about a month and took on this horrific rasp but no other problems. Swapped them and back in business. Wasnt a be100 tho. Thanks LPF
I’m talking about EL34’s

LP Freak":73dmsgks said:
Beandust":73dmsgks said:
LP Freak":73dmsgks said:
I’m talking about EL34’s
Yea I did realize that, should have clarified, I have seen all the love the EH are indeed getting for the Friedmans. So it seems its probably the way to go. It's just the vendors and the burn in thing.. valve queen , #1 if she stocks these?

I need to try the EH EL34's.

I installed a quad of the EH 6ca7s in a BE100 for a rig-talk member, sounded fantastic.

In all reality the batches can be hit or miss on any tube.

CrazyNutz":1sepofyf said:
I need to try the EH EL34's.

I installed a quad of the EH 6ca7s in a BE100 for a rig-talk member, sounded fantastic.

In all reality the batches can be hit or miss on any tube.
Very true, I just figured I'd check on the Eurotubes as all they sell are JJs

Well give the eurotubes a try and see.. by the way jj and Eh tubes are the same pricing about. So the cheap comment wasn’t really right.

RACKSYSTEMS":278r96ju said:
Well give the eurotubes a try and see.. by the way jj and Eh tubes are the same pricing about. So the cheap comment wasn’t really right.

Maybe so. I thought the EH were a little less expensive, cheap maybe isnt the right word. One set of tubes should not keep me from trying them. I dont get this ongoing mystery with tubes and dependencies. Best for me to shut up and deal with it and consider it luck when I land a good set.

I switched to Eurotube EL34's after the last set of junk ARS sent me. I asked for the 54's that my BE100 came with. And I got a pair of 54's and 53's. They weren't matched very well, and I had to bias them the best I could. One was pretty high and one was pretty low to keep them in the range. I now have Eurotube JJ's in my BE, 2204, DSL40C, and XTC. Not perfectly matched, but pretty good. I've had no probs with them and will continue to buy. And quick delivery as well...

itsme":1nzr6v9u said:
I switched to Eurotube EL34's after the last set of junk ARS sent me. I asked for the 54's that my BE100 came with. And I got a pair of 54's and 53's. They weren't matched very well, and I had to bias them the best I could. One was pretty high and one was pretty low to keep them in the range. I now have Eurotube JJ's in my BE, 2204, DSL40C, and XTC. Not perfectly matched, but pretty good. I've had no probs with them and will continue to buy. And quick delivery as well...
Hey thanks for the info man. Wow I thought they were supposed to be really good at matching. So I guess the bias kept drifting a bit trying to get them to 34ma. If they sound good that's always a plus, I've gotten tubes from them on a few occasions, never for a BE100 , I know all they sell is JJs so I figured I'd check on here. Did you have the 24 hour burn in done and the matching? It is an extra 2 bucks or so.. sorry if that's a dumb question, I have seen different opinions on burn in options is why I ask. Thanks again man.

Beandust":746sk7e3 said:
itsme":746sk7e3 said:
Hey thanks for the info man. Wow I thought they were supposed to be really good at matching. So I guess the bias kept drifting a bit trying to get them to 34ma. If they sound good that's always a plus, I've gotten tubes from them on a few occasions, never for a BE100 , I know all they sell is JJs so I figured I'd check on here. Did you have the 24 hour burn in done and the matching? It is an extra 2 bucks or so.. sorry if that's a dumb question, I have seen different opinions on burn in options is why I ask. Thanks again man.

I didn't have any burn in from Eurotubes. Didn't see that option. Don't get me wrong, the Eurotubes were pretty close and well within the proper range. Just not perfect. I've had perfect sets once or twice in my lifetime where all tubes were dead on. The ARS tubes were badly matched. I had to run one pretty high to get the lowest into the 20's.

itsme":2g2sityu said:
Beandust":2g2sityu said:
itsme":2g2sityu said:

I didn't have any burn in from Eurotubes. Didn't see that option. Don't get me wrong, the Eurotubes were pretty close and well within the proper range. Just not perfect. I've had perfect sets once or twice in my lifetime where all tubes were dead on. The ARS tubes were badly matched. I had to run one pretty high to get the lowest into the 20's.
Not sure I'm following this. I thought the trim pot adjusted the quad not per pair" or each tube individually? Maybe I am not thinking clearly on something. Or your saying you had a Weber bias rite and your reading all four at once? That's way off regardless.. I thought anything outside 10ma was not considered safe or good to use

My experience has been that it's not the tube brand that matters, it's the vendor.
All these guys buy their tubes by the case and then test, burn in, and match them for plate current draw, and weed out the duds.
Some vendors are better / more meticulous than others at this.
Also, if your amp has a plate voltage that is a little high for the tube type (like 515 - 520 volts on EL34's - Wizard, Bogner etc.. ) best to give them a heads up and get them to match the tubes at that plate voltage.
I've bought a crap load of pairs and quads from The TubeStore over the years, and can only remember 1 or 2 sets that weren't matched within 1 ma.
One set was clearly damaged in shipping, and one other time the quad was off in my Bogner 101B, but I didn't tell them the plate voltage was stupid high when I ordered the tubes. They sent another set matched at the higher voltage and I was good to go.

Back