NAD. BE 100

Kevcleat

Hi folks.
I have just bought a BE.
Any advice or tips you can give me on getting the best out of it?

Thanks in advance.??

I like to crank the mids and treble, with the bass at 5/6, the gain at 9 and the master to taste. Sat switch on.

Thank you so much for your comments.
Very helpful.
Can I ask? I’m finding it quite toppy.
Is this normal?

Many Thanks.

Kevcleat":k2pm95q4 said:
Thank you so much for your comments.
Very helpful.
Can I ask? I’m finding it quite toppy.
Is this normal?

Many Thanks.
Record it even with a cell phone no mic no mixing, you may change your mind on the highs u mentioned. Of course guitar/pickups speaker(s) will play a role , effects..etc.. it's a awsome amp. Did u play in a band setting and feel it was toppy* can be subjective to the pick attack as well. At least with me digging in maybe to much it seems. Congrats :rock:

Yep. Definitely can be bitey. I keep the voice switch to the left as to the right is way too bright for me. I run the treble on 3 to keep the bite down. I have Presence 5, Mid 7 3/4, and bass 8 1/2. Gain 9 to max. Or w/sat, gain on 7. This to me sounds big and really occupies the mid zone in the mix

Congrats! Amazing amp. I have a 2018 and love it!

My settings are:
Pres: 6
Bass: 4
Mid: 5.5
Treble: 8
Volume: 4
Gain: 6
Voice: Right
Channel: HBE
S: Right
C45: On (depending on guitar)
Fat: On
Sat: Off

I run 212's usually. Either my Splawn loaded with Creamback G12M-65's or my V-Boutique cab with V30/H30. Sounds righteous with either. Truly one of the greatest amps I have ever owned.

Thank you so much for the info.

Can I ask how you guys are using the master and fx loop level.

I tried it at rehearsal level using fx in the loop and I’m not sure whether I use master or loop level for overall volume?

Many Thanks.

Kevcleat":4cw5ty9z said:
Thank you so much for the info.

Can I ask how you guys are using the master and fx loop level.

I tried it at rehearsal level using fx in the loop and I’m not sure whether I use master or loop level for overall volume?

Many Thanks.
Not sure what effects. There are multiple post on this subject of return level* settings. It seems running return level at 3/4 and use master volume on front of amp works for most users I believe. I've tried it both ways using front MV and using effects return level set higher /lower. Seems to sound pretty identical. ymmv

I lock the front volume on 6 (no sat) or 7 (w/sat on) and use the rear master to attain the proper volume needed. I find setting the rear at 3/4 or max and then using the front volume as the master makes mine pretty harsh and bitey.

Thanks guys.
Obviously still feeling my way around.
So many options on this amp and all sound great.

All advice is greatly appreciated.?

itsme":thev95lt said:
I lock the front volume on 6 (no sat) or 7 (w/sat on) and use the rear master to attain the proper volume needed. I find setting the rear at 3/4 or max and then using the front volume as the master makes mine pretty harsh and bitey.
Damn that's interesting. Didnt know running the return on 3/4 raises the tone stack frequency. Maybe DF will chime in and validate. 1st I've seen this. Definitely going to try it and see. Thanks!

I tried using the loop that way and the clean sounded awful.
I emailed DF who said; turn loop level down and switch off.
Turn the Master to the desired level, switch the loop on and turn up to match the level.
This is unity gain.
Works for me ?

Kevcleat":3iod7651 said:
Turn the Master to the desired level, switch the loop on and turn up to match the level.
This is unity gain.
Works for me ?
So what did the settings end up being? Where is the loop return set and where is the master set on?

Beandust":25t03lu7 said:
Kevcleat":25t03lu7 said:
This is unity gain.
Works for me ?
So what did the settings end up being? Where is the loop return set and where is the master set on?
It’s going to depend on how loud you play

Back