Friedman 4x12: Replace GB's on Top with??

Junk Yard Dog

GB's are cools speakers, I just find them a little too gritty for my taste. I wanna keep the V30s on the bottom, but wouldn't mind a little less grit on top.

Considering Creamback H75s or M65s. Anyone try these?

Also, do I need 8ohm or 16ohm?

Thanks!

Well, I didnt replace anything in my friedman cab, but I can say that my BE50 sounds awesome through a 4x12 I have loaded with M75's (the "black" version I guess?).

16-15ohms on the 65’s

quote="Junk Yard Dog"]
tpruitt":j96w9e11 said:
I preferred the g12-65’s with v30’s but that’s just me.

Cool. Do you know if they are 16 or 8ohm?[/quote]

I actually went with all V30s and love it. The Friedman cab doesn't sound harsh or anything with them. I really liked the cab with the mix of greenback and V30s, but for heavy aggressive music I prefer it with all V30s.

That being said, if I were going to try other speakers in combination my two choices right now are Creamback H75s or G12T-75s. And I would put them in an X pattern to get a little V30 up top. I also wouldn't mind trying a Mesa MC90 combo but it is hard to find them in 16ohm.

Too bad to me Greenback's are better espeakers than v30's. Cant wait to get my hands into Friedman Speakers that are based on 70s black back speakers as far as i know.

Junk Yard Dog":1dcca9oy said:
GB's are cools speakers, I just find them a little too gritty for my taste. I wanna keep the V30s on the bottom, but wouldn't mind a little less grit on top.

Thanks!

I like the grit that the GBs and M65s bring . I had two V30s and two H75s in an X pattern in my Splawn 4x12 and personally wasn't blown away by it due to it not having the grit that you want to avoid so I`d recommened the H75s

hammered":5vhnj07a said:
Junk Yard Dog":5vhnj07a said:

Thanks!

I like the grit that the GBs and M65s bring . I had two V30s and two H75s in an X pattern in my Splawn 4x12 and personally wasn't blown away by it due to it not having the grit that you want to avoid so I`d recommened the H75s
Interesting. Never thought of pairing the 65's and Greenbacks.

Back