Quick question about the BE100....

abbath78

Banned
Does switching between the BE mode and HBE mode provide a volume boost as well as a gain boost? Feel like I should know this but can't remember :LOL: :LOL:

abbath78":1qj3ncu5 said:
Does switching between the BE mode and HBE mode provide a volume boost as well as a gain boost? Feel like I should know this but can't remember :LOL: :LOL:
The HBE doesn’t have its own volume or gain but it naturally has more gain than the BE.

donho":1vefru2j said:
i find there is a slight vol boost but not as much as gain. the perfect amount in my opinion.

Enough volume boost to use as a solo boost in a live setting?

abbath78":1rkwm0w3 said:
donho":1rkwm0w3 said:
i find there is a slight vol boost but not as much as gain. the perfect amount in my opinion.

No. You need about 3db for that and it’s not even close. When I use mine live I use a pedal switcher with a clean boost in the loop so I can change channels and click on the clean boost for extra volume at the same time.

LP Freak":2eyao71q said:
abbath78":2eyao71q said:
donho":2eyao71q said:

No. You need about 3db for that and it’s not even close.

Ok thanks for the info! Got a BE100 on the way and I can always use my Buxom Boost for solos. Or maybe get the 2nd master mod

abbath78":31pz8zci said:
LP Freak":31pz8zci said:
abbath78":31pz8zci said:
donho":31pz8zci said:

Ok thanks for the info! Got a BE100 on the way and I can always use my Buxom Boost for solos. Or maybe get the 2nd master mod
The second master/gain mod is the way to go.

LP Freak":2fp1gra0 said:
abbath78":2fp1gra0 said:
LP Freak":2fp1gra0 said:
abbath78":2fp1gra0 said:
donho":2fp1gra0 said:

The second master/gain mod is the way to go.
I've got both, a 2nd mv or I've actually got a mv for the hbe channel , I've also got the buxxom boost. It really depends on how you want to use the amp. For me it's so dynamic with the guitar volume knob. I use the hbe channel and the clean channel and use the BB for a solo at about 11 o'clock it's a huge volume boost on the hbe channel I've ran it other ways as well. Using the hbe for a boost with a h9 that has 20dbs of boost. Congratulations on the amp purchase. Forgot to mention the EQ on the bb has some really good tone shaping so u get a very versatile boost as well that way!

i got lead master mod on my 2016.
replaces the line out jack and level knob.
level knob now controls solo boost and the line out jack is the footswitch for solo.
works on be and hbe modes.
i also use the hbe and clean channels. i use the mid gain mode on the structure switch. vol on guitar works fantastic for crunch. i have a pa20 boost switch on my guitar for any stingy lead stuff. the pa20 is adjustable up to 20 db. i like using it better than pedals, keeps the floor clear.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 598
abbath78":3d65n1zr said:
donho":3d65n1zr said:

There is a slight boost but not too louder if that's what you look for in the HBE channel. If for playing live you need more control of Volume you can talk to Dave for a mod to ad a master and maybe a gain knob to have more control
You can get a BE50 Deluxe or wait for a BE100 Deluxe to come out.

Back