Friedman BE OD vs BE OD Deluxe

I am about to order one or the other. Obviously having two channels is nice but the reality is, I only use ever one. I pretty much set my distortion and forget it. My question is, is it worth the extra money for the mid knob? Thoughts?

Not for me. I had, and still have the BE-OD. I bought a Deluxe, which is great, but I prefer the simplicity of the original. I only use one channel, didn't really use both. The mid knob was cool, but not a deal breaker for me. I sold the Deluxe.

The key to the original is playing with the internal trim pot until you get the sound and feel you like.

I was just about to pull the trigger on the original but then realized on what I use now, the Emma Pisdauwot, the mids are pretty maxed out. Screw it. Better have it and not need it than need it and be disappointed that I was being a cheap fuck. I just hope it has enough gain on tap to replace that Emma. Seems like it in YouTube vids... but in the end, nothing really sounds the same in the vids as on your own setup.

BE-OD Deluxe is a great pedal! My singer/Rhythm player uses the BE-OD and even he noticed how much nicer it is with the mid controls on mine. Love having the 2 channels on there!

the deluxe is way worth it. I've had both and the deluxe is much more flexible. Also one of the channels is voiced with slightly less gain so you can dial in different tones. get the deluxe!

Back