Anyone Have Dave Mod Their PT20s?

dfrattaroli

If so what did you have done? Mine is in the shop right now (for service and updates) and I'm considering a SAT switch as mine doesn't have one. If it adds any kind of saturation to the gain, that would be sweet. I don't think I need or want the S switch to reduce gain levels though.

I had the S switch, Sat, and Fat switches added and had the caps redone with Mustard caps a few years back. I think I spent about $250 or $300 with shipping.

Metlking":v2a98q3z said:
I had the S switch, Sat, and Fat switches added and had the caps redone with Mustard caps a few years back. I think I spent about $250 or $300 with shipping.

If it still costs about that much I'd be cool with it. Can't wait to get it back in any case. It was great as is. Would just start making static noises after 20 minutes.

Dave

Can't wait to get mine back. Sent it in for service and updates and had Dave drop the SAT switch in. Totally stoked.

dfrattaroli":3sld2s0u said:
Can't wait to get mine back. Sent it in for service and updates and had Dave drop the SAT switch in. Totally stoked.
sat switch definatley adds alot of gain but lowers the volume a bit so be aware of that, also you can prob get the simple clean installed on it too, I have the wildwood pt 20 that has the sat/fat/gain ect , dave informed me there wasnt enough room to add the simple clean to mine cause of all the other stuff or I would have gotten it..

I would love a presence control on mine. The amp is a bit dark and I am always wishing for more high end. Does anyone know if that is possible?

Or maybe a bright switch?

So far, nobody has addressed nickdaripper94's question about wait times. Any experiences?

Just got my PT20 back today. Besides service and updates, I had Dave add an SAT switch. All in all it was about 3 weeks. Haven't plugged in yet but I can't wait. My SAT switch doesn't use the usual micro-switches that you normally see. Instead it's Push/Pull on the Bass pot. Looking forward to playing later.

Back