NAD Butterslax!!

Mikeyboyeee

Received the Butterslax I bought from MO. Great transaction Btw :)

Never played a Friedman before yesterday" but now understand the hype. My Boogies, Marshall's, Splawns, Ceriatones, etc don't come close.

A true beast with incredible versatility.

Well done Dave. Outstanding work on a truly incredible instrument. Thank you!

Mikeyboyeee":2pzu8vp0 said:
Received the Butterslax I bought from MO. Great transaction Btw :)

Never played a Friedman before yesterday" but now understand the hype. My Boogies, Marshall's, Splawns, Ceriatones, etc don't come close.

A true beast with incredible versatility.

Well done Dave. Outstanding work on a truly incredible instrument. Thank you!
Could you elaborate on this^, I felt the same way after I plugged into a BE100, I know it's all opinion and preference of course. But I had several 800s, Nomads, Rectifiers, JVM, Splawn, Elmwood, Diezel ,EVH, all great amps and by no means am I slighting any of them. To me the Friedman jumped out with clarity and the tone stack is indeed "Friedman" and at times I get a bit meh, then I tweek it or back off the gain a bit and it's right back to being *the one. It just has that agression that hits home for me. Could it be looser or stiffer? Probably but leaves me not wanting to stop playing it regardless. Congrats!!

Same feeling for most part. The clarity is unreal. I haven't tried boosting yet, but didn't feel extreme need last night for the mostly 80s and 90s Metal n rock I play.
Channel 1s versatility is stellar.

Like many have said the gain has some grain on top. And NO fizz. A very very sonically pleasing amp that must be experienced in person.

Open power chords with gain 2 or even 3 dimed is super clear. Just have to keep bass knob down a tiny bit. Thump works to fill in low end.
Great tone stack too.

I f$cking Love this thing!!!

CONGRATZ Mike!!!!! So glad my Slax found a good home with you...

Was a super smooth transaction and all I can say is you're a kickass dude now in possession of a kickass amp!!

Rock Solid Braddah!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Grats man! My favorite amp by far. Worth trying a buxom boost for channel 2 and 1 later on the down the road. I lived off channel 3 for almost two years before even messing with channel 2 and 1 lol

I always wondered how the Butterslax would sound playing early Metallica.

Will it be cutting enough? Will it chug enough?

errrrrl":3dndizi3 said:
Grats man! My favorite amp by far. Worth trying a buxom boost for channel 2 and 1 later on the down the road. I lived off channel 3 for almost two years before even messing with channel 2 and 1 lol

I wanna try that Gorilla ;)

Jon BCN":4yfe5zko said:

Ch.1 gain up will get the early grind for sure. IMHO, YMMV.

Ventura":181xldo8 said:
Jon BCN":181xldo8 said:

Ch.1 gain up will get the early grind for sure. IMHO, YMMV.

Do you think it will have enough gain?

Maybe with a boost.

I’m curios to hear the plexi channel of the BE Deluxe. Allegedly it reaches AC/DC levels.

Plenty of gain for Metallica without boost on Ch2. Channel 1 will get AC/DC with gain dimed for sure.

I still haven't used a boost or eq yet. Just plugging straight in. Haven't felt need to yet. Altho I will soon.

Back