BE 100 2014...no low end?

shane1713

Just picked up a 2014. Supposed new tubes/servicing (don’t know who did it as of yet). Low end on be channel is super thin with no meat to it. Sat and fat switch engaged/medium output humbucker, gain being in about 7. Playing through a Diezel RL 2x12. Thoughts?

I've got a 2014 and has massive low end, use a bogner 2x12 w/v30s and a mesa 4x12 w/same and tons of bass in either. Not sure what tone your after. Dropped tunnings or just standard? So maybe that's part that helps determine what your not hearing. Usually the top end is what I have to watch. Bass is always nice and rich sounding boosted or not.

shane1713":2vnvabjh said:
Really nothing out of the ordinary. 80’s hair and some classic rock.
Maybe someone else chimes in. Tubes could be needing a swap and bias? Any issues straight into the amp? How's the clean channel sound?

possibly powere tube and or bias. also preamp tubes
also make sure if your fx loop is active that your return vol is turned up. i will have to check mine to make sure but once you find the vol balance your there.

Double check you speaker impedances. As well as what’s been said about, the power tubes are suspect when amps lose low-end all the sudden.

I have a 2014 BE that has prominent low end girth and thump. But it’s a little too much and when I have it modded I’ll have Dave dial some out. So my thoughts are that every BE I’ve played has sounded just like mine with more than enough bass and you should do the basic tube amp troubleshoot and maintenance. I’m not directing this towards you OP, but for those who don’t know what those basic tube amp troubleshooting steps are, by now they should.

Compared to more modern or metal focused amps (Mesa, Diezel, etc.) it is a little less bass heavy. Where are you running your bass? Manual says to start at 10 which I found works great for me.

Back