Friedman 2x12 speakers for best VH

Waldo Nova

Got my (first) BE-100 and am about to order a Friedman 2x12. My question is; which speaker(s) provide the best Van Halen tones? Sounds like some are partial to V30's while others go for a mix of speakers. Early 80's VH is what I'm after. Thanks!!

Currently playing through a Mesa old style metal grill vertical 2x12 w EV's. It sounds amazing, but am looking for more Marshally crunchy tone vs. the smoother Mesa tone I normally go after with the EV's.

Greenback & v30 is a bit of an approximation of his original blend of speakers. Loving that combo on all the modded plexi amps I’m playing

The Greenback/V30 combo is great as well as the Creamback/V30 combo. My BE-212 has the V30s in it and it sounds great. I'm currently considering moving to a couple of the Century Vintage speakers to remove some weight from the 212. I tried it in a Friedman 112 that I previously had it the neo sounded great in there with my BE-50.

It is an awesome 212! I added some metal side handles to mine and a set of the solid Mesa casters on the bottom to help with moving it around when I gig regularly. That made a nice difference.

Back