Quite a Few BE100s & JJ100s Going for Crazy Deals...

Junk Yard Dog

...I wonder if it's due to the 100 DLX and JJ Jr... Feel like the price was driven down quite a bit due to the flood... Quite a few 50 DLX's as well.

I too need to offload my BE100 since I got the JJ100. I love BOTH, but can't keep both.

Regardless, I love all my Friedman stuff. Amaziing, amazing works of art!!

Crazy prices! Got to love it, I believe I will just have to suffer and keep mine lol.. its damn worth not takin a loss on to go status quo.

Dammm, I'm trying to get rid of some gear... and now I'll have to start browsing to see if I can't snag a BE100 at a good price! :doh:

sluice":9aa4guop said:
Dammm, I'm trying to get rid of some gear... and now I'll have to start browsing to see if I can't snag a BE100 at a good price! :doh:
Do it man , they are ripe for the taking!!

I've been noticing the downward trend too. I just saw a nearly new, mint JJ listed at $2,700 starting out. I've also noticed them sitting for sale longer with more price drops than I remember. The incoming 100 Deluxe is a good theory. With the used prices coming down it's getting harder to resist buying a second one to run along side my first!

Beandust":y2bhx5bo said:
sluice":y2bhx5bo said:
Do it man , they are ripe for the taking!!

I would love to compare a BE100 to my Wizard MC and my SLO.
I had a Smallbox at one point. I liked it, but can't see I loved it like the other two aboves.

One thing for sure, when I had my Helix LT, I was pretty much only using the Friedman BE100 amp model.

The feel is much different. The Wiz and SLO are fast and crispy. The Be is brown and greasy.
Power supply and filtering.
Much higher voltages and filtering on the Wiz and SLO.
My BE has been my #1 since I got it. Sold the SLO. Thinking about selling the Wiz.
If ya sold the smallbox and kept the Wiz, then your a fast and crispy guy.
We all like different stuff. That's why it's fun!

fusedbrain":1qdz9hqz said:
The feel is much different. The Wiz and SLO are fast and crispy. The Be is brown and greasy.
My BE has been my #1 since I got it. Sold the SLO. Thinking about selling the Wiz.

I've learned I'm def a fast n crispy guy, but i'd still like to try a friedman. I've thought about selling the Wizard many times, but I always go back to it after playing amps with more sag or a slower softer attack (e.g Uber, Dual Recto, Diezel, etc.). So far there is nothing I've played that offers the level of articulation, tightness, and punch as the Wiz.

MetalHeadMike":3baebqze said:
fusedbrain":3baebqze said:

I've learned I'm def a fast n crispy guy, but i'd still like to try a friedman. I've thought about selling the Wizard many times, but I always go back to it after playing amps with more sag or a slower softer attack (e.g Uber, Dual Recto, Diezel, etc.). So far there is nothing I've played that offers the level of articulation, tightness, and punch as the Wiz.
I'm with ya 100%. I do think about selling the Wizard from time to time, and then the same thing happens that you just described. I don't think I'll ever be able to actually let it go.
I don't play the Wiz that much, but when I do plug in, I'm in awe of the absolute ass-kicking brutality of it.
It certainly is the Yang to the BE100 Yin.

I was waiting for the 100 Deluxe... Now I'm just going to pick up a BE-100 once the Deluxe starts shipping and the prices on the older models slip again.
I missed a mint BE-100 for 1950 on Reverb, I'll just have to wait and see what pops up! :)

Rango":lviqdqnd said:
I was waiting for the 100 Deluxe... Now I'm just going to pick up a BE-100 once the Deluxe starts shipping and the prices on the older models slip again.
I missed a mint BE-100 for 1950 on Reverb, I'll just have to wait and see what pops up! :)

There are some excellent deals out there on the original BE-100s. And with the money you save get yourself a BE 4X12 to go with it. :rock:

fusedbrain":2o7i5yqi said:

Great comparaison!
I've also sold my Bogner XTC 101b.. Which I guess is also a a brown and greasy amp!

I'd love to try a BE-100 though. One day.

Back