Is the JJ jr Cathode or Fixed biased?

Evil Z06":o2825s81 said:
psychodave":o2825s81 said:
I’m just curious. Based on how it sounds I’m guessing cathode biased?

Cathode

Do you know this for sure? How?

I would presume cathode biased too, as production efficiencies would dictate using the same PCB for the JJ Jnr as the other smaller amps, but the inclusion of the Presence control has me intrigued. But it could be a sample cross line RC setup like the old Vox amps Cut control wired in reverse.

kdmay":xqc31wq3 said:
Evil Z06":xqc31wq3 said:
psychodave":xqc31wq3 said:

Cathode

I would presume cathode biased too, as production efficiencies would dictate using the same PCB for the JJ Jnr as the other smaller amps, but the inclusion of the Presence control has me intrigued. But it could be a sample cross line RC setup like the old Vox amps Cut control wired in reverse.

I e-mailed Dave and he told me

Evil Z06":28x368y9 said:
kdmay":28x368y9 said:
Evil Z06":28x368y9 said:
psychodave":28x368y9 said:

Cathode

Good to know!

kdmay":3jvaj03r said:
Evil Z06":3jvaj03r said:
kdmay":3jvaj03r said:
Evil Z06":3jvaj03r said:
psychodave":3jvaj03r said:

Cathode

Good to know!
Yes that means when rolling power tubes it's Plug n Play

Back