Adding SAT and FAT to my PT-20.

Donnie B.

Banned
First post by a newbie. Howdy! 59, been playing since 13, and Page is my Hero.
Also, Holdsworth, Moore, Lifeson, Lane, Ford, Howe, Petrucci, Rothery, and a few dozen more.
Play all the time either thru a Kemper head or my new Pink Taco combo.

Had it for 3 weeks now and love love love it! Not sure I've landed on anything short of great tone
no matter where the knobs are set. I use it like a two channel with a BE-OD in front.

Sweetest spot for me is gain switch in the middle with the gain just over 6 and volume at 4.
Attached neighbors require an Ironman II mini (amazing) which is usually set at -6 to -20dB
when people are sleeping. Amp alone is 70s classic rock plexi heaven. Kick on the BE-OD and
things FF 10 years. Never played anything so balls to the wall heavy that remains so tight
when playing fast and cleans up beautifully just using the guitar.

My room is only 10x12 and space is limited which made the Friedman 1x12 cab too big - plus
sealed backs don't work good without a decent size room IME. I'm getting a Friedman head shell
and will use the combo as a 1x10 cab. Figure the extra volume from removing the chassis will
extend the low the end a bit. We'll see.

Got in touch with the man to get the SAT and FAT mods added. Will post pics when done.

WBellman":3mv08h8g said:
My room is only 10x12 and space is limited which made the Friedman 1x12 cab too big - plus
sealed backs don't work good without a decent size room IME. I'm getting a Friedman head shell
and will use the combo as a 1x10 cab. Figure the extra volume from removing the chassis will
extend the low the end a bit. We'll see.

Got in touch with the man to get the SAT and FAT mods added. Will post pics when done.

I have the 1x10 PT20 combo which I took the chassis out of and fitted inside of a custom made 1x12 combo cab.

I have however run the chassis whilst fitted into the 1x12 cabinet into the empty 1x10 combo cab with just the speaker fitted on its own and to be honest noticed little change between chassis in or out of the cabinet (with the chassis cutout covered).

Back